Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stage 1 timing wheel set at 4 advance and quarter turn throttle. This bike is a torque monster. I can not wait to get loyds upper filter PCV and cams. This thing will rip the handle bars out of your hands then. Love it ! Its just about like riding my VTX.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Just wondering where you two are at on your decisions and mods. For what it's worth I was on the fence too for the cams but opted out at the last minute after talking to Lloyd and nailing down how I ride the bike. one thing I did learn and is VERY apparent is that the PCV and Dyno tuning the front and back individually has proven very well since my mods. I think if your going live up in the power band the tour cams are the ticket, just check out the dyno sheets from Lloyd and Rylan. They have done enough of them. However, if you want to really maximize your torque at the 2600+ RPM I really think the adjustable intake on top of controller, ATS and tune does it. I don't see alot of talk about the adjustable intake and there should be IMHO. Im still running the darkside as premod configuraton so got alot of meat on the pavement but this thing continues to blow me away.

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=48250

Im not saying I am not going to do cams in the future but I am saying you can create a monster without them. I don't know how much loss I am experiening with the NessHonkers and the Darkside but would sure like to see a dynosheet with a pipe with more backpressure on a bike tire just for comparison. JUst tossing out some ideas and seeing where you all are at... Take care and safe ridin!

Tim

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
... I don't know how much loss I am experiening with the NessHonkers and the Darkside but would sure like to see a dynosheet with a pipe with more backpressure on a bike tire just for comparison....
Tim
The Honkers are one of the best pipes out there for power on the Vision. Look at the dyno sheets on Lloydz site, or the ones posted here and elsewhere. They have the most consistent TQ curves, that come up early, and only taper off gently. There may be another pipe that could peak out 1 or 2 lb/ft higher, but from every chart I have seen, the Ness Honkers EASILY have the most desirable TQ curve, with the most area under it. IMO, there is no better pipe for the Vision!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
The Honkers are one of the best pipes out there for power on the Vision. Look at the dyno sheets on Lloydz site, or the ones posted here and elsewhere. They have the most consistent TQ curves, that come up early, and only taper off gently. There may be another pipe that could peak out 1 or 2 lb/ft higher, but from every chart I have seen, the Ness Honkers EASILY have the most desirable TQ curve, with the most area under it. IMO, there is no better pipe for the Vision!
Thanks Gunslinger for putting my mind at rest on that. It was after my purchase a couple other vision riders said I may have cost myself 2-3 pounds of torque by loss of back pressure but I was fairly certain at the time it was the right pipe like you said based on the dyno sheets. I absolutely dig their sound and felt they complimented the package. If I am loosing anything, it is most likely darksiding it. The resonse of the bike now has me almost leary about adding Cams one of these days. Your thoughts???

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Thanks Gunslinger for putting my mind at rest on that. It was after my purchase a couple other vision riders said I may have cost myself 2-3 pounds of torque by loss of back pressure but I was fairly certain at the time it was the right pipe like you said based on the dyno sheets. I absolutely dig their sound and felt they complimented the package. If I am loosing anything, it is most likely darksiding it. The resonse of the bike now has me almost leary about adding Cams one of these days. Your thoughts???
It depends what you want. The setup you have easily has more low end TQ than a cam'd bike does, even with the adjustable intake (which I have). My buddy has an '09 Vision with the Ness top filter, Ness Honkers, and Ness fuel controller; that's it. I have cams, Honkers, PC-V w/autotune, adjustable intake, timing wheel (+1), stage 1 ECU. His bike pulls mine every time under 3k, and can hold my bike off until I reach 3.5k, then I start gaining on him. Of course, without my higher rev limit from the PC-V, the cam's would be totally useless. To be fair, his bike/rider combo is about 60lbs lighter than mine, but still.... And, his bike pops all the time, especially shifting, mine does not.... ever.

·
13,003 Posts
Stage 1 timing wheel set at 4 advance and quarter turn throttle. This bike is a torque monster. I can not wait to get loyds upper filter PCV and cams. This thing will rip the handle bars out of your hands then. Love it ! Its just about like riding my VTX.

Talk to Rylan at The Vic shop you can ride down and get it done in a day. He's fast ha ha and you'll ride home with a hundred some pony's

http://thevicshop.com/

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to have to do something different. It is getting horrible mpg now since the mods.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm still in the planning stage with my bike. Saving up and waiting to be out of warranty. No reason to throw away my coverage. Especially since my bike is has plenty of get up and go as is.
I am glad that I have decided to wait as it is allowing me to make a more informed decision.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
632 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All i have is the victory stage 1 download pipes and filter. Quarter turn throttle a timing wheel set at 4 advance.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Then why are you considering performance modifications?
For the same reason that people change out the mirrors, pegs, turn signals, license plate bracket or any of the countless appearance modifications. Because it's what I want. Do I need to squeeze more power out of my motor ?
Absolutely not. Am I going to? Why yes, yes I am.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
It depends what you want. The setup you have easily has more low end TQ than a cam'd bike does, even with the adjustable intake (which I have). My buddy has an '09 Vision with the Ness top filter, Ness Honkers, and Ness fuel controller; that's it. I have cams, Honkers, PC-V w/autotune, adjustable intake, timing wheel (+1), stage 1 ECU. His bike pulls mine every time under 3k, and can hold my bike off until I reach 3.5k, then I start gaining on him. Of course, without my higher rev limit from the PC-V, the cam's would be totally useless. To be fair, his bike/rider combo is about 60lbs lighter than mine, but still.... And, his bike pops all the time, especially shifting, mine does not.... ever.
Good comparison Gunslinger, sounds much like where I am at. After talking Lloyd I opted out of the cams and from the above that is exactly what I am missing if I had installed them but when I put the purpose of the bike back into the picture (over50 miles daily commuting on interstate) and with the low end so respsonive while crusing 5th or 6th which is what I do really like about this set up (and that is was affordable for me). Good discussion, confirms Im happy where I am at BUT if I get froggy and want to spend a little more green backs I don't think I will be unhappy at all doing the cams. Somone told me one time, its only money... There will be more next week... lol

Meanwhile back in the stable, plans start for the TC...lol.. Safe ridin all and looking forward to the Mod reports.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts