Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Light quit working on my '08 Pin. Shop says light bulb is good. It may be a bad sensor. Sensor is built into the fuel pump. Have to replace the entire pump ($600.00 +). Really? has anyone else experienced this? Do you have a cheaper solution?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Light quit working on my '08 Pin. Shop says light bulb is good. It may be a bad sensor. Sensor is built into the fuel pump. Have to replace the entire pump ($600.00 +). Really? has anyone else experienced this? Do you have a cheaper solution?
Of course it's easy for me to suggest this, but I'd say keep the cash in your stash, and start relying on trip odometer to keep track of fuel. Reset trip each time you fuel, and it will be the more accurate (never mind cheaper) alternative.

Also, give Rylan of The Vic Shop a call (515.339.4313 / website: http://www.thevicshop.com/) and pick his brain. He might have a quicker, cheaper fix for it. He does rebuild fuel pumps so he will likely have a more reasonable solution for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx

I try. The light is a better reminder. I always have the odo on Trip anyway. Just like to have fully functional parts.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I try. The light is a better reminder. I always have the odo on Trip anyway. Just like to have fully functional parts.
Give Rylan a call. Have my fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The cheap (free) alternative is just to do as suggested. For many decades people have used the odometer for their fueling needs. The trip odometer makes it even easier.

The reserve is there to aid your troubles.

Otherwise, shop around for a pump.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
For many decades people have used the odometer for their fueling needs.
And during those decades they also had a "reserve" setting on the petcock... On these bikes, when you run out... you're out. Add to that a 4.5 gallon fuel tank... I have run out at 215 miles.

Low fuel light stopped working last year, but I am swiching gas tanks soon, I'll look at it then. It is nice to have the light working...

·
Registered
19 Posts
And during those decades they also had a "reserve" setting on the petcock... On these bikes, when you run out... you're out. Add to that a 4.5 gallon fuel tank... I have run out at 215 miles.

Low fuel light stopped working last year, but I am swiching gas tanks soon, I'll look at it then. It is nice to have the light working...

Wasn't aware the Vics don't have a reserve tube in the tank. Wonder what their reasoning behind that was? I know some newer Harleys have no selector/reserve tube...I wonder if it's that way with most FI bikes?

·
13,235 Posts
Wasn't aware the Vics don't have a reserve tube in the tank. Wonder what their reasoning behind that was? I know some newer Harleys have no selector/reserve tube...I wonder if it's that way with most FI bikes?
Guess you should read your manual

·
13,235 Posts
Do what CROSSROAD said set your trip meeter and after a few miles it will be second nature to check it on a ride

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Fuel injection requires high fuel pressure, meaning a fuel pump in the tank. No reserve, no petcock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
fuel light

my 2000 vic fuel light blinkes when tank full,,mileometer is part time worker, removed tank,2 put tps on,and removed sender,it worked out side the tank,flote worked in water, must be dash,has any one ever sealed the bottom of a2000 speed with silicon or any thing else?when it gets wet it gits water under glass,my fuil pump is not in tank.i may bild a reserve 4 mine, but i take cap off and look in at 65, just like i did in the 70 ,,speelings bad sorry,,lol:ltr:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 kingpin and today I found out the hard way that my fuel light had stopped working. I had only been running around town so I didn't have my tripometer displayed to tip me off. Did you end up finding a better fix than replacing the whole fuel pump?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts