Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading threads on this in the search, I wondered if there was anything newer about the fact that I have about 2 gals left after light first comes on. consistently. The last I read about it someone went to dealer and they replaced sensor, but same thing occurs. So company position then was there is no fix. Of course manual states 1 gal left when light comes on. I use the trip so no fear of running out, just wondered if there is any new info on it. Would be nice to have it come on later.:)

maurice

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It's not really a fuel guage as much as a fuel reminder that often acts like a backseat driver. Like other backseat drivers the guage may start nagging a little early. Do your math to see how many miles a tank will get you and ignore the guage.

·
12,972 Posts
I never trust the fuel gauge. Have stop for a bit to eat and get back on the bike and have lost a half gallon cause the gauge is not accurate or it says I have a quarter tank and with in a block the low light comes on.
I set my trip meter and now I know I can go a hundred and forty eight miles on a tank.
On trips a little below half a tank fill up you never know where the next station is. I had to walk three miles in Canada cause the last town didn't have a gas station.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don' have a problem knowing how much gas I have left, just wondered if there was a recent fix for the inaccurate reading.

maurice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts