Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed the installation of the Power Commander V, Lloydz air filter and Bassani Road Rage pipes. I start the bike and all is well. Then after about 30 seconds the Speedometer indicates Lo Oil.

I check the oil Level and it's fine.

I did disconnect both O2 sensors as suggested by people.

Did I mess something up?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Oil light is a pressure light, not volume. Check around the underside of the bike, follow the wire from the sending unit. Sounds like you nicked a wire or something is loose. Hopefully just a loose plug.
Sorry no pic of the sending unit. I think it is on the left side of the case, but don't take it as gospel.

You may find this of interest. It is a vision, but the 106 is pretty much the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OERayu9O74

cheers

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Oil light is a pressure light, not volume. Check around the underside of the bike, follow the wire from the sending unit. Sounds like you nicked a wire or something is loose. Hopefully just a loose plug.
Sorry no pic of the sending unit. I think it is on the left side of the case, but don't take it as gospel.

You may find this of interest. It is a vision, but the 106 is pretty much the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OERayu9O74

cheers
He may have mistakenly disconnected the oil sensor instead of the O2

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Sounds like something is disconnected or loose .....

·
13,247 Posts
when the kickstand is up look straight in and you'll find the sending unit.
auto store sell them. $6 bucks look like this

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys! I pulled the seat and made sure the battery connections were good, and looked around at the wires and connectors. Started the bike and ran it for a bit, and the Low Oil never came on. Then did a short ride of about 10 miles and all was good. Maybe I jiggled something that made it happy (got to be a joke in there somewhere). I'll look more closely at the sensor and such as you guys pointed out.

I think I'll get the bike dyno tuned next weekend to make sure all is dialed in. Currently the bike runs fairly well, but back fires on decal, and surges a bit in 1st gear.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have ridden the bike now about 60 miles, and no 'Low Oil' indicator coming on (knock on wood). Is it possible that having the battery disconnected confused the ECU?

By the way, I've schedule to have the bike dyno'd this weekend. He said that it can take between 3 and 5 hours to dyno it! Can it really take that long? A friend of mine had his chopper dyno'd by a different place a while back and it was done in about an hour. But then that was a carburetor bike. Just hard to believe it could take that long, but then, what do I know!?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Are you going to Billy Rohm?
If so don't just drop your bike off stay and watch it be done and ask for an advanced map. He is really good at tuning but takes a lot of breaks and customers to talk too. Just a real laied back guy that isn't in a hurry! Lol

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Also get the timing gear put on before you Dyno it!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Were either of the cables loose? Yes is the answer, Victory's are very picky about having a constant power supply.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The place I'm going to is a shop called 'Live Moto' in Livermore, CA. The guy's name is Anthony...don't know his last name. Seems like a good guy. When I spoke to him a week ago telling him I was just in the process of hooking up my PCV, he gave me a couple things to watch for while installing it. Thought is was good of him to take the time to chat with me about it, even before I became a "customer". I believe he's dyno'd race bikes too.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As for loose cables...no...all seemed pretty tight. I did pop the negative cables off though and re-installed, making sure to tighten really well. Checked the positive one too.

On a bit of a different note...when I touched the front spark plug wire while the bike was running, I got quite a jolt. Googling this I found someone saying that if the wire is not making a connection to the spark plug, then this may occur as the voltage is looking for a place to go. Seems to me though that good insulation on the wire would prevent that from happening. I told the dyno guy about it, and he said that as long as you don't see 'leaking', as in the wire sparking when viewed in the dark, then it should be OK.

·
13,247 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Id replace a leaking plug lead for sure, and yeah as VJ said, theres an art to removing them without creating problems.
Also dont just check your battery connections, its best to remove, clean, and reassemble using star lockwashers. And a smear of dielectric grease to isure against any future problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts