Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone. I have a 2009 Kingpin 8 Ball and I am looking to drop down in the seat a bit. The stock seat is comfortable enough but I feel like I am sitting too high.
What other seats out there would drop me down in the saddle without moving me forward too much?
I am thinking maybe a seat from a Kingpin/Vegas Low? Or an aftermarket seat?
I am 6' with a 32" inseam if that helps at all.

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
how does a person get ahold of them, I don't see any contact info in the link you provided. Do you have any pics of your seat, what bike is it on? thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
The Victory Raven-Bandit seat is the lowest one I found. It moves you back a little but with Fly Bars it's just right. I'm 5'5 with a 29 inch inseam.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
how does a person get ahold of them, I don't see any contact info in the link you provided. Do you have any pics of your seat, what bike is it on? thanks
The contact info is in that link. Scroll half way down and on the right is the "About Me" section, the last few senteces have all the contact info.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
If you plan on spending some long hours in the saddle; the Mustang seat should be on your list to check out. They aren't cheap but they are an excellent seat for longer rides. Maybe keep an eye on the forum classifieds and ebay.

They set up booths at the bigger runs/rallys so you can give one a try. It's almost like adding another shock to the bike on top of the one you have.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi there everyone. I have a 2009 Kingpin 8 Ball and I am looking to drop down in the seat a bit. The stock seat is comfortable enough but I feel like I am sitting too high.
What other seats out there would drop me down in the saddle without moving me forward too much?
I am thinking maybe a seat from a Kingpin/Vegas Low? Or an aftermarket seat?
I am 6' with a 32" inseam if that helps at all.

What do you think?
The Kingpin Low seat shaves width off the front of the seat to reduce the angle your legs prop out over the bike. That shortens the length needed to flatfoot from the rear of the seat. I don't think it lowers you much. They sell different covers to go with the seat. The covers are bent inward to accommodate your legs closer to the frame.

I wouldnt think you'd need a lower seat with a 32" inseam though. You could just try raising the handlebars up a bit to let you lean back more in the stock seat. All you need is an alan wrench for that.

Edited to add that a Mustang seat would be a big waste of money. I had one on my last bike and I found it no more comfortable than the Kingpin stock seat. I just did a 10 hour ride to Toronto no problem. I found the Mustang not particularly comfortable or cool looking, considering the cost. But the worst thing is that Mustang also tends to raise you up at least an inch AND it forces your legs further out from the bike. That's the worst of both worlds as far as trying to get lower in the saddle goes for a normal-sized person. Mustang advertises itself as 'wide touring' on most seats, so at least it's fair about that. As recommended above, you'd want to try before you buy with it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Victory Raven-Bandit seat is the lowest one I found. It moves you back a little but with Fly Bars it's just right. I'm 5'5 with a 29 inch inseam.
I thought that these seats looked low but I fear that they would not have enough passenger area to make them ok for the wife.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Im kinda in the same boat, i need a passenger seat, I have a kingpin touring driver and passenger seat on mine now, I plan to get the driver seat cut down over the winter so I have a lower seat height. There is a guy on ***.com that is advertising and looks to do nice work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts