Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, it might be my imagination but my bike seems to lug a little bit now at low rpm. Could that be because of the Timing Wheel? it is only minor but I find myself using the clutch a little more to smooth things out. I have only done a few hundred miles on my bike so I could be just imagining it.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hi, it might be my imagination but my bike seems to lug a little bit now at low rpm. Could that be because of the Timing Wheel? it is only minor but I find myself using the clutch a little more to smooth things out. I have only done a few hundred miles on my bike so I could be just imagining it.

Any thoughts?
Gear, speed and what rpm is the problem at. 2000-2500 about as low as you want to get and you shouldn't need clutch to smooth anything. The recommended shifT points in the owners manual should give you a solid starting point til you get used to the bike. If it sounds like a HD at low speed your probably lugging it. Lol
Congrats and safe ridin

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
mine seems to be the same. it always has a low rpm but after timing wheel seems to be worse.
should be better with the wheel, try some different settings, mines fine at 4 adv but all motors and states of breathing respond different to different advance

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
The throttle is there for a reason. Use it...or down shift.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that. I'm talking about in 1st & 2nd gear under 2,000 rpm like when in traffic or car parks. I don't remember it being like that before the timing wheel.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
My bike feels like it's lugging when I give it full throttle at 1250 rpm in 5th. What do you think the problem could be? Do you think the timing wheel would help?
NO! You obviously need riding lessons. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Thanks for that. I'm talking about in 1st & 2nd gear under 2,000 rpm like when in traffic or car parks. I don't remember it being like that before the timing wheel.
I wish I could help Tav. I'm at 950 to 1000 at idle. Leaving a light or whatever other conditions, I won't go to 2nd until 2500-2800. If traffic is putzing along so slow that I'm below 2000 in 1st, I'm too pizzed to worry about it anyway.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All I'm trying to say is that I'm an experienced rider so it's not that I can't ride. I have just noticed that I have just gotten my bike back after the Timing Wheel and the baffles changed and I am noticingbi have to slip the clutch a bit more than what I should to stop it from lugging in 1st under 2000. I don't think I noticed that before. Maybe the fueling/map from stage 1 is not quite keeping up now and it's time for a new intake and PCV?

·
Registered
450 Posts
In your last post you mentioned baffles too. Are they more free flowing than what you had before? My XC seemed stronger on the bottem after the timing wheel.

·
Registered
427 Posts
You're gonna lose some low end with the free flowing baffles. I modded mine to add more backpressure. Very similar to BCT QQ baffles.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put the rpw baffles in as well. Could that cause the lugging?

·
13,247 Posts
keep the RPM's above 2300 thats where are motors like it

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Car parks, that's awesome.
That's bad as us, we park in the driveway and drive on the parkway.
BTW Big Tav your bike looks pretty bad-ass.
Laughing with you, not at youcheers
I took my grandson to the park the other day, but I didn't let him play with any cars.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
NO! You obviously need riding lessons. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Craig, I may not be able to teach him anything but I'll go to Scotland with you if you're buying:cool:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Car parks, that's awesome.
That's bad as us, we park in the driveway and drive on the parkway.
BTW Big Tav your bike looks pretty bad-ass.
Laughing with you, not at youcheers
I took my grandson to the park the other day, but I didn't let him play with any cars.
Lol! You might call them something different in the US. I mean if you are driving to say Walmart and looking to park your bike. We call the part outside the car park.

I know everyone says keep it about 2300 but if you are just idling along in 1st on a street with traffic or in a "car park" 2300+ isn't really do-able.

PS thanks for the comments on my bike :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
All I'm trying to say is that I'm an experienced rider so it's not that I can't ride. I have just noticed that I have just gotten my bike back after the Timing Wheel and the baffles changed and I am noticingbi have to slip the clutch a bit more than what I should to stop it from lugging in 1st under 2000. I don't think I noticed that before. Maybe the fueling/map from stage 1 is not quite keeping up now and it's time for a new intake and PCV?
How many Ks have you done Tav? Is this getting worse as the bikes klms increase? Are you experiencing shuddering when you roll on and off the throttle below 2500rpms? Any noises associated with it?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Let's just say "low miles" as it's kinda embarrassing. Only ridden it 4 times since April and it the Baffles fell out on 3 of them so she's been off the road (long story).

I've only just got it back and the baffles and timing wheel were done at the same time. It is just bit jerky at under 2000 and I need to slip the clutch a bit more than I did on say the HD loan bike I had. It's not that bad if a problem more just annoying and I don't really remember it being like this before.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I put the rpw baffles in as well. Could that cause the lugging?
Vics don't really like low rpm's as others have stated. The stock baffles provided plenty of backpressure that helps on the bottom end but kills the top end. Now you have very little backpressure with the rpw's. I took mine and welded a 1-3/4 to 2" exhaust connector to the baffle then made a stand off with a washer welded to it inside the connector. Drill a mounting hole at the back of the connector and install. Sound is still there and so is some more back pressure. I basically copied the larger style of the bct qq for half the cost.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts