Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks! I've read a lot about others lowering their bikes with various kits. I've not seen anything on the '12 pin though. In stock form, I am pretty much on the balls of my feet. I asked my dealer about the lowering kit for the pins I seen for years up to the 2011, I asked if it works on the '12 too. They told me that they changed design a bit on the '12 pin and the belt might rub if I ride 2 up. I ride 2 up quite often. The touring seat on order is going to not only add to the height but the width if I'm not mistaken. So the bike really needs to come down. I've seen lowering brackets on Victoryonly.com in 1", 1.5" without modification and 3" with modification. I don't want to modify if I don't have too. Does anybody know if I can take my pin down 1.5" without rubbing? If rubbing is possible can somebody explain to me what rubs and how? Are there any potential issues in ride or performace if I go down 1.5"? I'm trying to picture it in my mind. I tried putting weight on bike to see what moves when it drops lower but I guess my wight wasn't enough to really move it. By the way. I'm 5'7" with about a 29" inseam.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nothing yet? I was hoping I'd have some input. Nobody has a lowered '12 pin? Does anybody know if the pin actually did change in design from '11 to '12? :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts