Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up some road rash, went to take off my lower left and the Damn bolts just keep turning! Seems the clips the screws fit into are turning. I guess my last trip into the Dealer they over tightened them. So, what I need help in is suggestions, such as drill off the bolt heads or other ideas. I don't have the parts manual so if someone could provide me with the size, number and matching clip parts I need to replace, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dummy me. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Dummy me. Thanks!!!!
Mike (et al.): if you take the lowers off, it would be an opportune time to add some stretchy-sticks-to-itself tape underneath the clamps. I did this 3+ years ago, to keep the lowers from drifting inward (which they did, before that, no matter how tight I made the bolts), so that the fairing winglets can't hit the lowers (which they will, if the lowers creep inward).

Attachments

Reactions: Serpico and Dave S

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mike (et al.): if you take the lowers off, it would be an opportune time to add some stretchy-sticks-to-itself tape underneath the clamps. I did this 3+ years ago, to keep the lowers from drifting inward (which they did, before that, no matter how tight I made the bolts), so that the fairing winglets can't hit the lowers (which they will, if the lowers creep inward).
I just did that an hour ago on my XCT left lower kept rattling, hopefully cured now .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts