Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lowered / Pinstriped my new 2014 XC

Here are the pics of my 2014 XC after I had it pinstriped and put the lowering link on today:

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
That looks great. How do you like the ride after putting the lowing kit on it ?

Also can you tell me how the Buffering is after you installed the new windshield ?

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks great. How do you like the ride after putting the lowing kit on it ?

I didn't notice a whole lot of difference in the ride. I can definitely tell it was lowered though in the turns. Just feels like it falls into the turns now.

Also can you tell me how the Buffering is after you installed the new windshield ?
It is definitely way better, I still have a little around 80 mph but it is easily tolerable. Also I am very rarely at that speed for long anyway.

how much did you lower the read and the front
I only lowered the rear and I dropped it right at 2". I may be wrong but I don't think there is a way to lower the front.

·
Registered
352 Posts
very nice....thumb up

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice ride! A white 8 ball is my second favorite in the lineup

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Lowering Problems

Nice bike! Any issues with cornering after you lowered it with dragging the bags or floorboards. thumb up

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
did you use the adj. link? and keep the stock kickstand
or a shorter one?

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice bike! Any issues with cornering after you lowered it with dragging the bags or floorboards. thumb up
No issues so far although I don't ride too aggressively anymore. I'm 57 and I "think" I've passed that stage in my life.

did you use the adj. link? and keep the stock kickstand
or a shorter one?
Yes I used the adjustable and I bought it new on EBAY. I am still using the stock kickstand as well. True the bike doesn't lean as much as before but as long as you pay attention to how you park it you shouldn't have any issues. I saw where some removed the rubber piece and I may end up doing that, not sure yet.

When I had my VTX I lowered it as well and it was at the same angle when parked. I never had any issues with that bike either.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
2014 lowered bagger

I’m there with you on age, but I still like the sweepers. Living in flat Florida will do that to people. I have the sunset red that is blacked out but if I had to choose a second color I would choose white after seeing yours. Cool Bike thumb up!!!!

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m there with you on age, but I still like the sweepers. Living in flat Florida will do that to people. I have the sunset red that is blacked out but if I had to choose a second color I would choose white after seeing yours. Cool Bike thumb up!!!!

I'm with you on the sweepers but I just don't take them as fast an low anymore. And like you I live in a flat area, Pearland is just south of Houston. Our only elevation changes here are over-passes.

And funny you say that on the color. I really struggled between the Sunset Red and the one I got. The 2014 red model ( navajo red I think ) didn't appeal top me at all. There was a brand new left over 2013 Sunset Red at the dealer that I went back and forth on.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
White CC

Well you defiantly did it justice; white makes it look so clean. I would have never expected the look on a solid color. Keep us posted on the mods. cheerscheers

·
Registered
79 Posts
I live in La Porte so we're not that far apart. Great looking bike. If you don't mind my asking, where did you buy your XC from?

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I live in La Porte so we're not that far apart. Great looking bike. If you don't mind my asking, where did you buy your XC from?
I got the best deal at Mancuso South which is in La Marque, ask for Blake. The Mancuso closest to me ( Gulf Fwy ) wouldn't hardly deal at all. And the salesman there ( Todd ) was an a$$.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's funny. I tried Team Mancuso on the Gulf freeway, and yes Todd is a jerk. They high ball every price and they wouldn't return calls or emails. I also talked to Blake in La Marque but I decided to go to Polaris West in Katy. Got a great deal & I pick my 14 XC up on Saturday. Dealers around here suck. But team mancuso south and Polaris West are the only 2 I'd go to.

·
Registered
193 Posts
That's funny. I tried Team Mancuso on the Gulf freeway, and yes Todd is a jerk. They high ball every price and they wouldn't return calls or emails. I also talked to Blake in La Marque but I decided to go to Polaris West in Katy. Got a great deal & I pick my 14 XC up on Saturday. Dealers around here suck. But team mancuso south and Polaris West are the only 2 I'd go to.
I was just up at Polaris West on Saturday. Did you see the Orange XC they have? Has all kinds of goodies including Freedom True Dual exhaust. SWEET looking bike. Supposedly goes like "a scalded cat" according to the owner/builder. Didn't ask him "how much?" though.

They seem like good guys at PW. I go in a chat occasionally. Would love to get a Royal Enfield to putt-putt around on. :D

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I didn't talk to the guys at PW. I was dealing with Gulf Frwy, La Marque and Mancuso North. Blake at the south location gave me the better deal of the three by far.

Let me know when you pick it up. I'de like to swing by and introduce myself in person.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Picking it up Saturday around lunch time SPARKP. Yeah, bnhender, the guys up there are pretty nice. That orange XC is supposed to be Rick's bike. I'm putting the same setup, motor wise, on mine. Those Freedom Performance true duals sound great, that's why I went with them. Great shop so far and they smoked the price that either team mancuso I went to was offering.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts