Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 cross roads and the stock tire is about shot and I plan to go with a car tire. I don't want to discuss the pros and con's, I have been reading them for a couple years now and my mind is made up.

I would like to lower the bike 1 1/2" and go with a 195 55 16 yokahama avid envigor ran flat. Will this size work with it lowered? If not what size are you running.

Thanks.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I just put a 200mm Tire on my Cross Country and had to mill out the rear frame to make it fit SAFELY.... I would say a 195 is probably pushing it for rim size and width of the inner frame back there. Maybe try a 185?

·
13,002 Posts
the 195 is very close to stock. If you did a 185 you would lower bike more.
I have lowered my vision one full inch so now I have four inches between ground and bottom of motor.
Running the CT 195 I have it at 40psi.
The the CT will be a little squarely for the first 25 miles or so till the rubber limbers up so no fast clover leaf riding and tight corners.
Hope you like the CT I have 17k on mine and still like new

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
this is a great question!! im thinking the same thing , actually calling rollin soon to talk to him about his. my 12xc riding solo is lowered 2" and wondering about the shoulders on the ct rubbing anywhere

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
13,002 Posts
CT is straight up and down has no real shoulders to it.
Heck pull your bags jack the bike up and with flash light look and see.
If it would bottom out it would be top of tire hitting. Your rotor and pulley I don't think has any thing to hit I believe.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
the mt is more rounded while the car tire has the taller shoulder , this is my wonder, not worried about side to side, sounds like that is ok. just talked to Rollin on the phone , yep next tire is a ct, now just to pick one ! he really likes the dunlop winter run flat, but searching they look hard to find.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
So did he recommend a tire size? or give you options?

I'm quite interested in moving to a CT when my rear is used up.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
he was great to talk to, he likes the dunlop , but has a bridgstone on now, im ordering a michelin because i can get it.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
ImageUploadedByMO Free1405050941.879656.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1405050960.766993.jpg
went from my avon to the michelin, bike is currently lowered 2", so i will see how it is.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
so far only issue is the same issue i had with mt, at 2" drop with 25psi in shock, decent bump, i rub up inside the tail of the frame.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ordered it tonight. When I take it off to change it I'm going to cut 3/4" out of the link. That should get me an 1 1/2" drop. I went with the Yokohama avid envigor run flat in a 195 55 16.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
The Dunlop 195/55-R16 wintersport is not available, might be again in Sept or Oct. I went with the Goodyear Ultra Grip ROF ran at 34 psi on my XCT. I tried to run my rear shock at 25 psi but keep dragging my mufflers in turms. So bumped it up to 38 PSI. (my bike is not lowered) I really like the Goodyear as it feels like a MC tire with better grip and non of the nasty stuff the E3 did. I'm going to add the police rub strip to my running boards as I've drug them a few times also. Going to ride the Dragon in Aug. Will be putting on a new front tire before I go.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i have not drug anything , i guess i dont ride aggressive enough , i could have gotten the dunlop winter , i guess there was one available, but the mich is suppose to be easier

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i have noticed mine will rub the shoulders of the ct up in the fender if i dont have enough air in the shock, did it acouple times now, went for a ride with my two sons (one at a time) they each are around 85 lbs, im at 200, lowered 2" and 40 psi in the shock, an abrupt bump and it rubs.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
ok measured my lowering link a few minutes ago, im at 2 1/2" down and not 2". whoops

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Ok so I'm doing HMD's game changer and dropping the rear 2" with the adjustable link. Also doing Platinum air's bleed/feed. When my existing rear tire is ready I'll be doing a CT. Seems like the consensus is 195 replaces the stock size, or at least close to it. Correct?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts