Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
You won't always notice chirping if your belt is rubbing. I would really suggest grind down the bolt sleeve in the front pulley cover before it cuts through your belt. That's a $250.00 precaution and it could avoid being stranded on the side of the road somewhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Went home at lunch, zip tied wires, ground sprocket cover bold sleeve down, and put 2.5" bone on (45 minutes total). No rubbing on the way back to work and where I live (Alberta) potholes are a common. I will attach pictures later to contribute to the original intent of the thread.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
your talking about grinding down the inside housing where the top bolt goes threw? Just wanna make sure before I do we're talking of the same spot

·
Registered
7 Posts
your talking about grinding down the inside housing where the top bolt goes threw? Just wanna make sure before I do we're talking of the same spot
yes, on mine there was a short rub mark inside the cover against the spot where the top bolt goes. This made it quite obvious.

I didn't have to remove pipes on my bike as mine allowed me to turn the cover all the way (more clearance than stock pipes) over to access with a dremmel quite easily.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

yep took it off and noticed the rub marks on the top and bottom. Sanded it down, alls well now

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just had my 06 vegas 8 ball lowered 1.5 inches this past friday. Over the weekend, I put on a little over 200 miles and really like the way it rides. Thanks to all for the awsome info on this forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah that's what I would think too. Its been a while since i've looked under the rear fender but are there easy places to pull over the harness? I have seen online somewhere a metal insert covering the entire harness in case of a bottom out. I wouldn't think a 1.5" kit would effect it that much. I found a seller on ebay selling them for 35$, but just ran out of stock. :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
I moved the wire loom, but not the entire harness. I don't see how you can relocate the entire harness. The biggest thing I saw was grinding the bolt sleeve down.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Any problems with pipes dragging in right hand lean? My 2012 Vegas came with the X-Bow stage 1 and with what appears to be about a 1" lowering (not sure as the dealer did it) my pipes drag in a right hand lean.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts