Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening

If I am doing this mod, is it a good time to buy the 1" lowering kit? Which lowering kit? Should I buy the shock instead for a better ride and lowering? How much lower will the shock get me?

I am asking all this because Lokescotty indicated he has a 1.5" lowering kit which I have not been able to find online.

I also want to put in a large order from one source that will save me shipping to Canada. If I order from different places, the money saved will cost me more in shipping. Looking at Conquest, Victoryonly, Lloydz or Witchdoctors.

I intend to buy in one shot the following:
Octanes Exhuast
PCV + LCD + Autotune
Either SS Intake/Lloydz Intake or Torque Tubes.
ATS Timing Wheel
Lloydz Idle Air Control Valve

Lowering Kit or a Shock perhaps?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Hey Mobgma
My Progressive shock cost me US$500 fitted, and it's a lot better at soaking up our crap roads than the stock was, particulary mid corner- it lets me hold my line through the corners better. It lowered my rear by what the dealer reckons was 1.5 inches (so I dont have a lowering kit). I'll post some pictures later this week when my 300mm tyre is fitted so you can see. I do have the rear led turn indicators, so there may be some fiddling with the wiring though.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'd go for broke and get an air shock/spring.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Mob , one of the guys on here , BLACKEDOUTHAMMER I believe , lowered his 13 Hammer 8ball 1.5" and said he had to change it back because it handled horribly... Keep in mind the 8balls are already lower from the factory , than the other Hammer models ... With a 300 on it you may be exacerbating the issue even more .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts