Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of a company making a kit to lower the front end on a 2010 XRoads? Im vertically challenged with 29" inseams. I've order a link to drop the rear 2" but was curious about how to drop the frontend.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Has anyone heard of a company making a kit to lower the front end on a 2010 XRoads? Im vertically challenged with 29" inseams. I've order a link to drop the rear 2" but was curious about how to drop the frontend.
What you need to find out is if the suspension springs in XR is the same as the ones in the Kingpin. Victory uses much of the same parts in all their bikes - this may be the case too. Maybe KevinX or Dimond will jump in.

If so... then you want to go with Progressive Suspension. They have a lowering kit for the Kingpin that drops the front 2"

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/prodSearchResults.aspx?yearID=2010&makeID=47&modelID=1156

This might be a work around for you. The fork tubes to me look the same but only a Tech could tell you for sure!

Progressive makes a GREAT shock! I used them on my HD and they are night and day over stock. Victory is good so you may not see much of an improvement if they do fit.

Good luck!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Rear Lowering kit

Where did you find a rear lowering kit? I was told by the dealer that you couldn't lower a Cross Roads and I would assume a CC since they are the same bike essentially.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the rear lowering link from Heavy Metal Designz. They make a 1" drop link and one that you can adjust from 2" - 3". Contact Mike Saenz @ 707-523-9696 or [email protected] and he will fix you up. Check out his website hmd520.com and you will find all of the Victory goodys that he manufactures. Mike rides a Victory and he is great to deal with.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I bought the rear lowering link from Heavy Metal Designz. They make a 1" drop link and one that you can adjust from 2" - 3". Contact Mike Saenz @ 707-523-9696 or [email protected] and he will fix you up. Check out his website hmd520.com and you will find all of the Victory goodys that he manufactures. Mike rides a Victory and he is great to deal with.
+1 thumb up

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Wouldn't thicker soles on your riding boots suffice. I also have a 29" inseam and that's what works for me on an identical bike.

Is this your first bike?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Well, I just had my wife remesure mine, since I have short memory when it comes to measurements - I remember my height and age, what more is expected of me?:ltr: I stretched my legs as much as I could, and all she could measure was 29.5". I can easily plant both feet on the ground, and I'm not wearing any special shoes. :)

At 29" inseam I cannot understand what the problem is.:rolleyes:

thumpertom: what did you ride before? Was it lower than the XR?wac

·
Registered
12,202 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No this is my 13th or 15th bike I lost count. All have been Harleys except a 1980 something Honda and a 2006 GoldWing Trike. This is not my first Victory I bought a new one back in 2001 and it was a real piece of junk so yes I'm back for another round with Victory because I liked the looks of the Crossroads.

I enjoy riding a low ride and I like having my knees bent when I come to a stop and backing it up.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I enjoy riding a low ride and I like having my knees bent when I come to a stop and backing it up.
I see. So it's a matter of preference.

You can't say you're vertically challenged at 29" inseam, or you make half of us here feel insecure with our height. :ltr:

Once you lower it, if you could, please update us on how it rides, and pictures are always welcomed. thumb up

·
Registered
336 Posts

have you thought about putting a lower seat on her?

http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Victory/Pages/Detail.aspx?ItemID=2877825(PolarisPGACatalog)&prevfitment=inmeta:Family~Touring

I know you bought the lowering link and I am not opposed to a lowered bike but it sure does kill the ride. You loose so much of your lean angle.

I did this on my last Softail. Took her down 2 inches in front and rear and threw on a 21" rim on the front.

Looked bad ass but man it corned like my f250! I would grind and leave so much chrome on the ground the guys that road behind me started to call me sparky!

I thought about going back up with it but it would have cost more and I really was ready for a bagger.

I am sure you know what you want, just figured I would throw in the seat idea and my two cents for what that is worth.... :ltr:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for your input Bigsedaddy and I have considered the lower set and as a matter of fact I spoke with a fellow rider yesterday that has a low seat on order that is willing to let me put it on my scooter to see how it feels once I get all of the repairs made and I'm physically able to ride again.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Thanks for your input Bigsedaddy and I have considered the lower set and as a matter of fact I spoke with a fellow rider yesterday that has a low seat on order that is willing to let me put it on my scooter to see how it feels once I get all of the repairs made and I'm physically able to ride again.
The lower seat is a great idea. Having a buddy letting you try it first before you buy one is even better. Another forum member here had said she did not feel a difference going to the low seat. To have a chance to test it before you buy it should be great for you.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If the Victory Low seat doesn't work out there's a lot of seat customizers on the internet that can do it; Sargent Seat for one. You can also find tips/instructions on how to cut your seat down yourself. The only problem with DIY is that it's hard to fix mistakes and since the Cross bikes are so new it's hard to find a cheap used seat to practice on.

Just curious: when your dropped the rear did it change the feeling of your steering? I dropped the back of my V-Star 2" for my daughter and now the steering is so light it's difficult for me to ride. It feels like a moped; with an 1100 it's a potentially dangerous moped.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I 100% agree with lowering the seat. Actually you can have your redone for less than the Vic seat and you can add gel to it!!!

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Thumpertom, If you have a very experienced motorcycle seat customizer in your area, that is way better than getting a "custom" from someone who never sees you personally. I've gone both ways and had a ton of problems with the mail order one, while the one tailored to fit me (bike, saddle, me and customizer in one room) was so comfortable, I put 700 mile days on it and could have ridden farther. It's not only a matter of seat height, but also posture and pelvis angle. I know the difference between expense and investment - having a skilled customizer shape your saddle to your needs and form is an INVESTMENT. Even tho my saddle is 95% perfect, I'm about the have it customized as I want to be a bit closer to the bars (why go to the expense and labor of pull backs) and have heat installed in the seat. That's gotta be the greatest thing since the invention of the motorcycle cuz it extends the riding season up here. Just some thoughts from the old fart.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I had my seat done locally. I didn't have it lowered just added gel. I road 800 miles round trip a few weeks ago to get those custom controls put on Porti. The ride was extremely comfortable AND that is on the solo seat!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts