Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Don't know about 1 1\2 inches but I lowered mine 1 inch and put the
low rider seat on and it made a big difference in me being able to
put my feet firmly on the pavement. As for the ride and handling
I didn't notice any changes and I don't drag in the sharp turns.
Toby

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 8-ball is lowered 1.5 inches. I don't know if there is a difference, but my husband did notice that it does reduce the lean angle slightly. I don't have the saddle bag guards on my 8-ball, but he has them on his CCT. He said it is easier to scrape my bags than his guards on his bike.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Lord 2"

I lowered my '14 CCT 2 inches. No issues with ride quality or handling. You may have to play with your air pressure in the rear shock a bit. It depends on what u weigh, how much you carry, inseam length, passenger on board etc. etc. etc. I found that out thanks to some really crappy roads in PA!! I now have 3 different shock settings (air press), that I use. 1 for me, no trunk, 1 for me WITH trunk, semi loaded, and the 3rd with a passenger & loaded trunk.
You also may want to think about the lowered kickstand. Some will say that you just have to be careful how/where you park. You can be vigilant on that and your baby may still want to lay down for a nap!! Ask me how I know that!!! :eek. :frown:crying

·
Banned
471 Posts
any one lower there bike to 1 1/2 and did it cause any prob in handling and how is the ride affected. Thanks GP
I had my XC Lowered....first 3 " then 2 ".

A few things to consider.

1) Watch your exhaust, they may scrap in turns, and curbs.

2) Under the left side cover is the ECU, It is attached to a plastic bracket that the cover pops on to. This bracket " may come in contact with the sing-arm and the bracket holding the brake line /ABS sensor wire. You can flip it around 180* or remove it and use a "P" clam in its place. I also cut the corner off the bracket so it would not come in contact with anything.

3) Depending on your weight and what your carrying you will have to add additional air pressure, I was at 50 lbs.

4) Unless your going with a big front wheel I would suggest staying at 1.5 " lower.

5) Get a lower seat if you still need go even lower.

Good luck with it.

Attachments

·
13,003 Posts
you should move the rear brake line. Lowering it that much the line has to come off the top of the swing arm and run alongside it

·
Registered
106 Posts
Lowered my 13 XC 1.5" perfect lowering stance, could stand flat footed made bike ride better, pretty easy job just watch Jon from WD video. No handling issues you might want to get the shortened kickstand.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lowering XC

Thanks To everyone for the info. I got one ordered Thanks for all the info. I still need the shock if anyone has a good one for sale let me know. Dirty Dan said he has two waiting for His replay. THANKS AGAIN

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is what they look like side by side. His tail pipe is 7.5 inched from the ground and mine is 6.5. I have still have the original kickstand. Sorry the bikes are upside down

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I lowered mine between 1.5 and 2 early last year and it handles great, I run about 35 to 40 psi in the shock.Well I found out today the shock is leaking oil, could these be related? I've done some reading here and find out this is a problem with these bikes. I also have extended warranty, has anybody had luck getting it covered from the dealer? Just under 17k now.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I recently lowered my Cross Country 1-1/2"
I keep the air shock at 15psi solo and have the stock length kickstand. I don't think I need the shorter kickstand because I'm still placing a 3/4" block of wood under the kickstand pad to keep the bike more upright while it's parked in my garage. I do have a question for those using the shorter kickstand though...when the kickstand is up does the rubber pad rest on the stop/tab on the passenger foot peg/floorboard bracket like the stock length kickstand does?

Tech23

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am looking at lowering my bike this winter. I am not sure how much to lower it though. I hear a lot of you that have lowered their bikes and really like the new stance. Can some of you tell me more about you...so I know how low to go with mine. I have been switching between 1" and 1-1/2" lower but I do not know which.

The only reason i am looking to lower my bike is because of the geometry of my legs while riding 2 up. With my wife's feet on the floor boards, my legs cannot go straight down any more. They have to be angled forward which makes them shorter.

I am 5'-8" with a 28-1/2" inseam. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I am looking at lowering my bike this winter. I am not sure how much to lower it though. I hear a lot of you that have lowered their bikes and really like the new stance. Can some of you tell me more about you...so I know how low to go with mine. I have been switching between 1" and 1-1/2" lower but I do not know which.

The only reason i am looking to lower my bike is because of the geometry of my legs while riding 2 up. With my wife's feet on the floor boards, my legs cannot go straight down any more. They have to be angled forward which makes them shorter.

I'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam. I set the air shock with the pressure I normally run (15 psi solo) and put 1-1/2" thick blocks of wood on the floor under my feet to see if I could comfortably reach the ground flat footed. After that I knew lowering the bike 1" wouldn't be enough. If you run the recommended amount of air pressure in the shock for your weight/load the change in stance (even lowered 1-1/2") isn't as noticeable looking at the bike as your ability to reach the ground comfortably when stopped. I would think 1-1/2" would be the minimum you'd want to go, any lower and you may have to make other alterations to prevent clearance issues. I inverted the swingarm mounted brake line holder to prevent any clearance issues. I've read on here that at 2" or 2-1/2" you may need to modify the plastic ECM mount as well. You'll also want the shorter kickstand.

Tech23

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts

Take your seat and get it shaved down and decrease the width as much as possible between your thighs. Lower 1.5" and call it a day. I was able to shave nearly an inch off of my stock seat height. I then lowered 1.5" and now I am golden.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for the good ideas.

Tech23...I hate it when I am too close to a problem to see a simple solution to measure different heights. Thank you for the wooden block idea.

Travis...Where would I go to get the seat shaved down? Do they recover the seat or just re-use everything from the original seat? What are the costs of this compared to buying a lower seat?

Thanks for the help

1 - 17 of 17 Posts