Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just figured id post before actually buying what im going to buy.

I just got a victory hammer 8-ball (2010) and traded in my harley night train (not missing it one bit)

Anyways, on my harley, when i bought it, it was already lowered, and i was curious if all i needed to do on the hammer was to just buy the lowering links, for lowering it down 1 and 1/2 inches. (i know the 8-balls are already lowered than the original hammer) but i just think it would look better. Im keeping the same size rear tire on the bike, so i dont think i should have clearance issues.. Any thoughts or experiences?

Also, i was reading about putting a taller tire on the front, like a 21", i understand id prolly have to put new spacers in, but it doesn't seem like it should be that hard.... but then again, looks can be deceiving.

Anyways, ive looked on the forum a bit, and cant find a DIY mod section.. Just curious where everyone else is getting their ideas.

·
13,038 Posts
for lowering the rear its best to move all wires over to the frame rail and zip tie them there. You think you'll never bottom out but you never know.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for lowering the rear its best to move all wires over to the frame rail and zip tie them there. You think you'll never bottom out but you never know.

Yeah i planned on cleaning up the wiring a bit. Really just wanted to know if the links were all i needed. It honestly looks extremely simple.. which worries me.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/126-131

thats where im looking at getting the links from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts