Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, tried to search for this answer, but did not find anything Vision specific... I am trying to solve for my passenger, who is a pretty tall girl 5'10", is sitting to high up and getting a lot of wind. We got on a Goldwing and she liked that setup much better, but I do not want a car on too wheel ;) In searching I came across a post suggesting two things: shave seat foam; install rear lowering kit. Can someone share experience with lowering a Vision? Also, any other ideas beside these two?

·
Registered
640 Posts
see if there is a taller windshield for it.my wife is around same height and had no problem with wind when i had he wind shield raised all the way.former vision owner have a kingpin now due to accident.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hi All, tried to search for this answer, but did not find anything Vision specific... I am trying to solve for my passenger, who is a pretty tall girl 5'10", is sitting to high up and getting a lot of wind. We got on a Goldwing and she liked that setup much better, but I do not want a car on too wheel ;) In searching I came across a post suggesting two things: shave seat foam; install rear lowering kit. Can someone share experience with lowering a Vision? Also, any other ideas beside these two?
Welcome to the forums!

Lowering is not going to resolve your issue. The vision does ride higher for the pinion but before I shaved the seat I would look at a 7jurock or Klockwerks flip windscreen. With the vision having the electric windscreen you could go up to a 19" flip but only push it all the way up when she is on the back. Otherwise you could roll it down and keep it just under where your stock rides. The flip,does have a little distortion on the road when you look directly through it but I think you could adjust height to not have it in direct line of sight. There are other posts on the flip shields by vision riders but here is the one I wrote up.

If you have more questions post them and will. Try to answer.

Saf,e riding.
Tim

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=21770&highlight=Flip+windshield

·
13,003 Posts
Look for the Ness seat and it will lower you and maybe her. Not cheap.
New wind shield will do the trick you'll want clear one cause at night its really hard to see threw a tinted one.
They have one thats 22" tall for $150 bucks
http://www.ceebaileys.com/victory/victory_ws.html

lowering the bike will not change the air flow for her

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
The pillion on a Vision sits about 5 or 6 inches higher than the driver. That is reality. What you can do about it is easy. If you can tolerate looking through a windshield you can get a taller one as Tims suggested. I have had great luck working with Cee Baileys in the past but have not tried them with my Vision. If you go with an after market windshield you need to recognize that a flip type really does not do much for a passenger. When I put a Euro-flip on my HD my wife's response was along the lines of why did I bother. It did nothing for her on the back. I felt the change big time but it really only worked for the driver, not the passenger.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
use the button on the dash to raise th windscreen thumb up

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
13,003 Posts
Do you have the trunk on? What doe your windshield measure now. From center to top.
Lowering the bike the air will still be down there

I see he has not bothered to come back and make a statement

·
Registered
28 Posts
Make sure the kickstand is at least 1" shorter if you lower it, or it will end up using the tip over protectors more than you need to-thumb up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts