Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got mine put on and it was easy,simple and lowered it just right:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
How did you compress the spring? Every spring compressor that is available at local parts stores will not fit. Did you have any difficulties with the fuel line connector or the pump line?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 04 has a FOX shock and I was able to get enought slack in the spring to get the keeper out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the reply, My bike is a 99 and you can't wind it out enough, just found a motorcycle coil spring compressor on amazon and will try that one out.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI in 04 there is no such thin as a V92. You have a TC[Touring Cruiser] or a TCD[Touring Cruiser Deluxe]
Thanks for the info. what is the dif between the TC and TCD
I really like this one

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don't know if this will help anyone but it worked for me. I simply backed the shock way back till about an inch left in threads, and it softened up the suspension enough so when I sit on bike my feet are flat on the ground with a slight knee bend. Perfect! It hasnt effected my ride either...I weigh 185 and my GF is 100 pounds and we have no problem with suspension too soft. Saved myself a few bucks.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where do you find 100lb girlfriend:confused:
:)

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Don't know if this will help anyone but it worked for me. I simply backed the shock way back till about an inch left in threads, and it softened up the suspension enough so when I sit on bike my feet are flat on the ground with a slight knee bend. Perfect! It hasnt effected my ride either...I weigh 185 and my GF is 100 pounds and we have no problem with suspension too soft. Saved myself a few bucks.
Lowering with preload is never a good idea, and with V92s you can top out the suspension and drop the spring keeper from the shock.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Kevinx, do you have experience with lowering the 1999 V92C with the clevis. I am about to do it and see all different opinions, would really like yours. Top Weight on the bike is about 350lbs with both riders.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Where are you guys buying the lowering kit forthe V92c?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Lowering with preload is never a good idea, and with V92s you can top out the suspension and drop the spring keeper from the shock.
Kevinx,
I have already checked with Steve on the clevis but was thinking of trying this first. Could you provide a few more details of best way to drop the spring keeper. I am sure I can muddle through it but thought I would ask first. Thanks!

Tim

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had to make a jig for the spring compressor. they just wanted to walk up the spring as I tightened them. I took two 4X4 blocks cut them to length, routed a one inch X 7/8 channel in them. I then screwed them to a piece of 3/4 inch plywood. Put the spring compressors on the shock tightened them so they stayed in place, then slid the whole shock into the jig. Used two ratchets and carefully tightened equally on each unit. worked like a charm, no movement and the coil is off and the shock is now back form fox where it had a rebuild and the clevis installed all for $80.00. Hope to install it before the season is over.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Thanks Ray, think I am putting this on the winter project list. Always open to any other input for anyone that has done this. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts