Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install the 1.5" lowering brackets from Victoryonly.com on their Hammer? Im wondering if it feels like riding on a brick with the stock mono shock. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
318 Posts
It doesnt change how the suspension feels. It lowers the center of gravity a little and makes it easier to bottom out the tire.
Agreed. Also not good for 2 up riding with the stock shock, but the bike handles better in my opinion. 2 up and you are likely to bottom out from time to time. Watch that you wiring does not get destroyed as a result

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the input. Today is my first day riding after the kit install. I really like the lower center of gravity! I ran all the wiring (I installed new turn signals and relocated the license plate bracket) along the inner side walls of the fender for that very reason. Also gives a much cleaner look from the back with the lower stance without the stock license plate holder and turns.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pics please
Certainly! :)

List of mods so far:
- LLoydz Fuel Controller
- F&P Oil Cooler Relo Kit
- 1.5" Lowering Kit (Going to change this to 1")
- Front Spike LED Turns
- Rear Bullet Flame Turns
- License Plate Relo Kit
- GPIII Exhaust
- 16" Tomahawk Chopper Sissy Bar

Attachments

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
What's your psngr think about the sissy bar; I need to do something like that for mine

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts

·
12,984 Posts
A stud with a hole in the center. Look at witchdoctor or conquest

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To the guy that asked if my passenger rests her head on the pad of my sissy bar... no, shes a real girl and doesnt need a back rest. I got it more for the look I like because I ride solo most of the time.

Regarding the Flamed Bullet turns, yes they have the single stud with a hole and positive wire coming thru, and it will mount where the side trim is.. however, since I added the mounting brackets for the sissy bar, it made the distance too far for that stud. I had to fabricate a bracket and mounted that in between the fender and backrest mounting bracket, that dropped them just below the fender. That also meant I had to run a new ground since the turns are grounded in the casing requiring them to normally be mounted to the frame. Hope that helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts