Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was looking into getting a lowering kit. parts and installation is about $300 and was wondering if anyone here has some insight on it, good, bad or indifferent. how low did you go? i was thinking only an inch as i'm afraid anything lower then that will start dragging expensive parts and chrome

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dropped my 2014 XCT 2 inches as I am vertically deficient!! The ride didn't change much and the handling, IMO, is improved. It did take some time to figure out a good pressure to set the shock at. I am 175 lbs and find that 35 - 40 psi works well with the trunk off. If I ride 2 up, with the trunk on, I bump the shock up to 70 psi. If the shock pressure is too low, you may drag the pipes on a good bump. I also recommend using the shorter kickstand if you drop the suspension more than an inch, Or you could just be REALLY careful where you park.
A lowering link is an easy install to do yourself also. Took me about 40 mins in my garage and didn't have to pull the wheel off!

·
Registered
11 Posts
bought mine used from a member here on this site. it is an adjustable link and i set it at 2". Installed the link myself. very easy to install. took all of 45 minutes. had as much time getting it up on the jack and getting tools out as it did to swap. tremendous difference throwing a leg over and getting your feet flat on the ground. running the stock kickstand for now. I feel there is enough lean still. but will be aware of where and how i set it on the stand. I say go for it and you will be very happy with the results.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just put an adjustable link on my new 15 XC not too long ago. It took me around an hour or so, not difficult. I have mine slammed at 2 1/2 inches right now. I have my shock set with 52lbs of air. No scrapes or anything as of yet riding 2 up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
was looking into getting a lowering kit. parts and installation is about $300 and was wondering if anyone here has some insight on it, good, bad or indifferent. how low did you go? i was thinking only an inch as i'm afraid anything lower then that will start dragging expensive parts and chrome

when i get more cores in i make lowering links out of stock links, if interested let me know. one inch is easy to do, run just a little more air in the shock and adjust the belt. going lower then that is where you start running into issues, and if you take care of a couple things its easy enough

1 - 7 of 7 Posts