Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there are other posts about this, but figured I'd make a new one. Wanting more of the slammed custom look on my vegas 8ball...I've heard 1 1/2 " lowering kits and 3"...anyone have pictures and pros and cons for both?

·
12,968 Posts
you have to move all wires off to side rail and zip tie them to frame rail. You have to stiffen your shock so you don't bottom out

·
Registered
13 Posts
lowering kit -

My 08 Vegas had a 1.5 lowering kit on it when I bought it used. It looked badass, but rode like a lumber wagon. It had also tore up the tailight wiring. I removed it after a few miles. It was especially bad riding 2 up. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thank you!
Well it also depends on how much you weight and if you 2-up alot??

I have always had a 1.5" loweing kit on mine and it rode just fine as i weigh 170 lbs and even with my wife riding i never had any problems.

I recently put on a pair of 3" links and i looked very badass but i bottomed out ALOT nad after a week of it my back is really feeling it. I switched back to the 1.5"s soon after that.

Now, I cant justify the air ride for the amount most want as i don't ride my bike all that much due to a 2yo and lots of hours at work. I'm in the process of having a guy machine me some 2 1/4 " links because i think with my weight and the "normal road conditions" i might not bottom out like the 3" links did.

But yes, definately move the wiring harness ontop of the mounts before doing any suspinsion modifications and i'll keep ya posted if/when i get the 2 1/4 links made

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great, thank you. I got the fender liner to protect the wires and got the lowering kit. Will hopefully get it on this weekend

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have any before/after pics?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not yet. Unfortunately I still haven't had a chance to get to it. Hoping again to get to it this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts