Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
C-C on stock is 11.9", so to drop 1" you need to shorten it 1/2" so 1" drop is 11.4"

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
C-C on stock is 11.9", so to drop 1" you need to shorten it 1/2" so 1" drop is 11.4"
Thx dtmmil.
So every 1" is -1/2" on cc
example: 2" is 10.9" ?

I thought it should be bigger as it is on ex Hammer
and also on my old M109R

Regards Håkan

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
yes 2" would be 10.9" c-c

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Just something to think about. I lowered mine 1-1/2"(3/4" shorter). I wasn't sure that's where I'd keep it, so I painted a line on one of the edges of the shaft. That way when I look between the frame I'd know exactly how many full rotations I was adjusting it. Wrenching it up or down a full 360 degrees is equal to 1/4" in height(I believe). So if I want to go from 1-1/2 to 2" I'll crank it down 2 full rotations.

I case you're wondering? at 1-1/2" drop, No adjustment to belt or kickstand. I might adjust the headlight though.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Just something to think about. I lowered mine 1-1/2"(3/4" shorter). I wasn't sure that's where I'd keep it, so I painted a line on one of the edges of the shaft. That way when I look between the frame I'd know exactly how many full rotations I was adjusting it. Wrenching it up or down a full 360 degrees is equal to 1/4" in height(I believe). So if I want to go from 1-1/2 to 2" I'll crank it down 2 full rotations.

I case you're wondering? at 1-1/2" drop, No adjustment to belt or kickstand. I might adjust the headlight though.

check your belt tension, bet it needs adjustment, as you lower the belt gets tighter,, any drop needs the belt needs to be adjusted, or at the very least checked. 32mm with 10lbs pushing on it with tire of the ground, cold belt.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Mine certainly needed it , belt got real tight on my ride , lowered 1.5 " .....

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Had it checked recently at my 15k service.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i learned when i lowered mine 1" that the belt needed to be adjusted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts