Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply's and info. I managed to get a hold of the guy that made the lowering link but he no longer makes them.
He was kind enough to send me the drawing of the part and instructions. I would have to have a machine shop make the part
because it will require a lathe. If anyone is interested let me know and i can pass along the info.

Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

I found a guy to make the lowering link for me. real nice guy and reasonable. the good thing is he is only 5 minutes from work.
He did a great job. If anybody is interested he will make them for
50 bucks and whatever the shipping charges are.

Thanks....Dann

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know exactly, I haven't had a chance to install it.

according to the guy that sent me the drawing of the part says
1.5 to 2 inches.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Can you scan the drawing of the part or take a good picture! I've got access to a machine shop and I'd like to make one up!

·
12,983 Posts
if it lowers the back end 1 1/2 or 2 inches you better move all the wire under the fender to one side of the frame. Stiffen your shock up too

·
Registered
4 Posts
I need more help with lowering my V92C!!!!

So I made the bracket that I believe Steve Curtis said to make for the rear shock to lower the bike. Well after going by the blueprint I had to cut off the tabs and make the about a 1/4" longer. Well I tried to put that on and it still is not fitting right. The hose for the electric fuel pump is so fat that I just can't get it to fit right. Plus it makes me nervous that it might crush or break the plastic connector. Do they make a different shock and spring for this thing? I want to lower it about another 1/2" or so. I did back off the nut at the end of the shock has far as it will go and moved the front forks higher up and have about 3" or 4" of travel. Anybody have any other suggestions? If not I am going to sell it. The bike is in great condition for a 2001 and only has 3256 miles on it. But I need it lowered

1 - 20 of 20 Posts