Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I threw a set of lowering links on my brother's '04 Vegas this weekend and love the way it looks. A few years ago a friend and I didn't like what was available aftermarket, so he drew his own and I had several sets lasered out at work. I think these links drop it right to where the fender matches the radius of the rim and tire. My '04 Vegas has been running them for about 4 years now with no issues.

Sorry I didn't get better before/after pics, but you can still see the improvement!

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My friend and I drew up our own profile for the links in order to only lower the bike about 1/2 (maybe 3/4) inch. Anything over 1" of drop and it looks to me like the rear suspension is broken. I've been running these links in my '04 for over 4 years now with no mods to the wiring, and I've never had an issue... just bolt on and go. thumb up

·
13,188 Posts
Hope you moved the wires under the fender so when you hit that bad bump or pot hole the tire will not rip the wires out

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope you moved the wires under the fender so when you hit that bad bump or pot hole the tire will not rip the wires out
No point with these links... like I said, 4 years and 15k+ miles with zero issues. I think my bike with me and a passenger still sits higher than some of these bikes with other links available on-line w/o any riders. thumb up

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing special at all. Jack up on the oil pan to take pressure off the rear end (I use a screw jack out of my Camaro), remove 2 bolts, and adjust the height of the bike to bolt the new ones on... then enjoy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts