Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. Just wanted to see who if any have used the Witchdoctors lowering link? I am in need of dropping a inch or so to get feet flat on ground when stopped. I also noticed an adjustable version on e-bay, kinda liking the adjustable just for simple reason of being able to change without buying another link if first is too short or not enough. Before and after pics would be great if anyone has also, all manufacturers show is the link itself. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I lowered my x roads with the witchdoctor 1" lowering link. Pictures really won't help as it is hard to tell with only using the 1" lowering link. If I had to do it again I would go for the 1 1/2, then when I ride 2 up I would just put a little more air in the suspension. Very easy to change and witchdoctor has a video.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'd jump all over a lowering kit for the high-ball as compared to a softail it's a breeze but I worry about the horror stories of bottoming the tire and ripping out the wire harness. And also stories of belt guard rubbing. May not be such an issue on the tour bikes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If I had to do it again I would go for the 1 1/2, then when I ride 2 up I would just put a little more air in the suspension.

Why would you take the 1 1/2" drop over the 1"? Is it simply because of a short inseam or for looks? What is your inseam/overall hieght? Just curious in case I decide to drop one day. Any info would be appreciated.

I also used witchdoctors 1" lowering and if I was to do it again I also would have gone with the 1 1/2" rod.

Same thing as above; inseam, looks, etc.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
The reason, I would go to the 1 1/2 drop is because of my 29" inseam. The one inch is great but the addition 1/2" would be better.
Why not go with the adjustable to begin with, and have the option to raise or lower at your preference. Some don't lower because of need, as much as desired look of the bike lower to ground. Get an adjustable and be done with it, as far as getting a different link, if your not satisfied with the first height adjustment. All adjustments can be made by only removing right side cover, and a pair wrenchs, and a few minutes. thumb up

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
One thing i found after lowering mine is my belt got real tight. As of now i have it lowered 1" and i readjusted my belt using vic specs and it seems good. I asked witchdoctor if they readjust after lowering and he said no.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
790 Posts
Dropped 2" due to inseam. Need extra air in shock for 2 up or aggressive turns, otherwise fine. Watch the pipes though going over big dips like a gutter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts