Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at the rake kits for the 09 jackpot and I have searched and searched. I am mainly looking at the 45 degree kit but all I am seeing it kits for nearly $3000. That seems absolutely ridiculous to me for basically a set of triple trees. For less than that I could build a full custom frame and set the stem at whatever angle I want.
I would even go for a 7 degree kit if one was found for the right price I. Finding those for $1200
Anybody know where to get the lowest prices kits for either? Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Been looking at the rake kits for the 09 jackpot and I have searched and searched. I am mainly looking at the 45 degree kit but all I am seeing it kits for nearly $3000. That seems absolutely ridiculous to me for basically a set of triple trees. For less than that I could build a full custom frame and set the stem at whatever angle I want.
I would even go for a 7 degree kit if one was found for the right price I. Finding those for $1200
Anybody know where to get the lowest prices kits for either? Thanks for any help
I too was highly interested in this, I want the 45 degree kit so bad , but 2800.00 ? I almost crapped my pants... That doesn't even include everything you need! There are 5-6 more items you need that cost you even more $$$. I'm with you, complete waste of money, and when you sell your bike its still only worth what its worth, when that time comes you would be better off putting it back to stock and sell your kit at a loss on Ebay or here.... Now if the 45 degree kit were 1200.00 , now its in the realm of reality.thumb up I think Kewlmetal.com is the cheapest I have seen them....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks, I Jew I had seen the 7degree kits somewhere for around 700 just couldn't find it again. Unable to find a reasonably priced 45 degree kit I think that 7 degree 650 kit will be the way to go

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now if only we could get them to make us a 45degree for that same price and we'll be in business. I know I wouldn't think twice about getting one

·
Premium Member
13,627 Posts
Cool thanks, I Jew I had seen the 7degree kits somewhere for around 700 just couldn't find it again. Unable to find a reasonably priced 45 degree kit I think that 7 degree 650 kit will be the way to go
Sorry mate. I saw this and considering the name of the thread I just couldn't help but wonder how Sigmund Freud would interpret this little misspelling. :D

Good thing budget shopping is really in these days, eh. ;)

I have to agree a decent kit really shouldn't be much more than $12-1300 for what it is but I guess it's always what the market will bear...

Then a new wheel, tire, fender, paint, etc. has to be factored in.

Now if an entire kit, with paint, was offered at around $2100 I believe more people would go for it; especially if installation was either included or offered at a very good price by the shop selling the product even it it wasn't from them. Kind of a tit for tat thing ya know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha whoops I use an iPad so it really likes to autocorrect everything under the sun to words that aren't even close. Ya that is about what I feel the kits should cost. I do all my own work on everything regardless so I'm not worried about the installs part

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
No reason you have to use a larger wheel a lot of people just like the look better to have a larger wheel stretched out there in front. Just a cosmetic choice.
Also remember stretching the front out without the forks being lowered will lower your whole bike. Simple geometry there. And if your not lowered in he back this will slightly shift more weight to the front wheel. Dought it is enough to make much of a difference in the ride since I don't have the real life experience of doing it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Rake kits come with fork extensions to keep stock height.

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What modifications should need to be made for staying with stock wheel and why? I don't see any reason at all you are required to go with a bigger wheel.

·
Registered
122 Posts
What modifications should need to be made for staying with stock wheel and why? I don't see any reason at all you are required to go with a bigger wheel.
Haven't raked one to know exactly what modifications you would exactly need to make for sure. I have looked in to doing it and I have a Jpot so I have a 21" on my Bike already. Just dont have the $ lying around right now to invest. I've read that going with more than 5 degree without a 21 will screw with the trail #s on the front end which will affect stability. Kewl Metal warns about it on their web site. I figure 7 degree is 7 degree no matter what brand you use. Kewl Metal is the brand that pioneered the rake kit for the Vic's so I figure they know what they're talking about.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya I was just curious why they would. Damn engineer mind frame. Have to know exactly how everything works and why.
Kewl metle definitely seems to know what they are doing. Good info to keep in mind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts