Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I picked up a LRS off a user on here. I love it. I can hear the radio clear as day at 90+ mph, and I don't finish a long ride with a headache. There is only one thing I didn't like about it. t doesn't butt up against the fairing on the edges. I contacted LS to see if they had a solution. Their solution is to deal with it because it doesn't affect the performance.

I took measures into my own hands this morning. I have some old saddlebag seals off some aftermarket bags from my previous bike. They are grooved, and the windshield fits perfectly into said groove.

I loosened up the bolts on the shield, raised it bout 1/8" and slid a piece of that seal into both sides. The shield is now up against the fairing as desired. The rubber seal does not slide out, and I no longer need to worry about the shield digging into my dash.

I have attached a couple pics of what it looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
I did something similar as Light did for my LRS windshield. I got some kitchen cabinet door bumpers that are about 3/8" round and about 1/8" high and self adhesive and placed them between the windshield and the fairing and the problem was solved. Didn't even need to take the windshield off to do so.

I noticed the windshield was starting to dig into the fairing and was starting to cause damage.

Overall though I'm very happy with the LRS shield!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts