Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to have the LSL Adjustable Clutch lever set?

Coles notes version of the issue, clutch pull is insane on my Cross Roads, even with working out my left hand like its a competition, all I've done is most likely aggravate the onset of arthritis. I got an EZ-Pull from WD, but do not have the cable travel/lever sweep to allow for free-play and be able change gears, which is partially caused by losing 1/3" travel from the Kuryankyn iso-grips padding.

I have done everything I can on the clutch pinion end trying to get it to work, even drilling out a new hole closer to the actual pinion bracket in the EZ-pull, which got me closer but not enough. The only thing left is to change the leverage/travel at the clutch lever now.

I've already swapped out the clutch for a Scorpion, and ordered a new high performance cable from Barnett, but have probably burned a good portion of the plates in playing with all this crap trying to get it to work over since I got the bike in March. I've spoken with Dylan at @witchdoctor and they don't have the information.

So, I am trying to see if anyone has the LSL Adjustable Clutch lever (Adjustable Brake & Clutch Lever Set in Levers - Handlebars & Accsy's - Cross Country, Magnum, Roads - VM - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory Motorcycle Parts ) and can tell me how much extra cable travel they get with the lever set at it's farthest position from the grip. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Too bad they don't just sell the clutch side because the brake lever already has a 5 position adjustment.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I'll be running the Barnett Scorpion soon myself as soon and the motors together, so Im remaining open minded on anything to help the left hand.
Arthritis combined with recently bailing off the back of a crashing Canam Spyder and landing on my left hand has worsened my issues.
I too am hoping I can still utilise my Ezy-clutch
Will be watching this thread.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Motorbikerx I didn't notice any difference in clutch pull from stock to the new Scorpion, but since the dealership that buggered the stock clutch paid for most of the Scorpion, I went for the upgrade. I'll let you know how it turns out.
@scooter I know, right?

·
13,263 Posts
Wouldn't adjustable lever move it closer to the grip. So that would be less throw and your clutch would never disengage all the way. So more creeping at stop lights.
Didn't see where WD said it pulled easier
I'm just guessing

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I'm right, the mid setting on the LSL levers is close to stock. So there are three settings forward and 2 back. It's a theory I am willing to test out. This is why I asked if anyone actually had the levers. If I have to buy them, and return them, c'est la vie.

Reactions: SkInM4N

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
@Motorbikerx I didn't notice any difference in clutch pull from stock to the new Scorpion, but since the dealership that buggered the stock clutch paid for most of the Scorpion, I went for the upgrade. I'll let you know how it turns out.

@scooter I know, right?
Interesting,... So your stock clutch is super heavy?
What year is your bike?
My Vegas is 2010 and was a heavy bitch of a clutch ever since buying it at 8500 miles.
After trying out the clutch on other Vic's I realised mine was heavier, mechanic at the dealership said the 2010 had a heavier clutch pull stock.
So I fitted an Ezy-clutch, brought mine back in line with others stock pull.
Which springs did they use in your Scorpion?
There's 4 different ratings of springs supplied to choose from.
Considering you already had a heavy clutch possibly like mine, and you noticed no difference with the Scorpion it'd be interesting to know what poundage springs they used?

Haven't tested mine yet as motors being bored as I write this.
I also bought the Barnett cable, plus 6", to free things up around my Burleigh Bars as I rerouted it a little to make em fit.
And I've bought a 4oz bottle of dry Teflon lube for that too.
Only time will tell as to how heavy mine is.
The mechanic who assembled my Scorpion fitted the lightest and next strongest clutch springs in staggered formation, 3 of each, 41 and 58 lbs from memory.
My memory's flawed but:smile

EDIT....now I've posted I can see your sig.
2012 hey....hmmmmm

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My springs are the same as yours, lightest and one level up staggered. Still pretty damn heavy pull, I would say about 18lb pull, stock was 20lb.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
My springs are the same as yours, lightest and one level up staggered. Still pretty damn heavy pull, I would say about 18lb pull, stock was 20lb.
Never measured mine, never thought to, nor had the resources to do it.
I'm really looking forward to riding my Vic again, even though I'll be breaking in a fresh motor with forged pistons.
I think I'm gonna enjoy it.
Wether or not I enjoy the clutch pull remains to be seen, or rather, felt.
Landing on my left hand when exiting off the back of a crashing Spyder was not on my plan.....arthritis onset well goes with the Territory and age I guess.
If I'd known I was gonna last this long i could taken better care of myself!
Hopefully in a coupla weeks I'll be able to report on the clutch pull of my setup.
Daresay I'll be on the highway running mostly 3rd and 4th gears and tryna stay away from the clutch.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Spawn, did you consider the hydraulic clutch kit? It's probably not much more money than a new set of levers. I know they have a great feel, because one came installed when I bought my previous used Crossroads. I loved it, but I couldn't justify the cost on my new(er) bike.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@scooter, I tried the Hydraulic clutch at the dealership, and it was almost as hard a pull as the stock. I don't think you can use it with the ez-clutch either.

·
13,263 Posts
I wonder if contacted Barnett if they could help with a different spring.
I know the clutch spring is identical to HD's

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I currently have 3 of the lightest and 3 of the next lightest they have in the kit in it. It's still a damn heavy pull. I Asked Barnett and they said the only other option is to use all the light ones.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I currently have 3 of the lightest and 3 of the next lightest they have in the kit in it. It's still a damn heavy pull. I Asked Barnett and they said the only other option is to use all the light ones.
Someone on here had them send some 51 pound springs.
If I was you I'd at least ditch the grips if they're reducing the clutch pull.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[said like an 80's southern evangelist]AND BEHOLD THE POWER OF THREAD RESURRECTION!!!

Well, I'm back, and so it this thread! After 2 years of searching, I finally bit the bullet and ordered the LSL levers from Conquest. I took the bike off the lift Easter weekend and out for a shakedown cruise. It didn't take long for my clutch hand to start barking at me. I am going to try the EZ Pull from Vicbaggers and combine it with the levers and hopefully I finally get the kind of smooth easy pull that I miss from my Honda or my buddies dark side DynaWideGlide.

I will report back as soon as they arrive.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,767 Posts
My 2012 I can live with it. Removed the easy pull thing on bike when I bought it because it was messing up clutch adjustment. Bought adjustable levers and I'm good.

Hope you figure out a solution that works for you.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@IndyVictory Thanks, It's at the point where I figure out something to use the EZ pull or something like it, or I sell the bike. Which absolutely SUCKS as it was always my dream bike from the first time I saw one. The first bike I ever sat on was a Victory way back in 2004. The levers are in Canada now, just waiting on them to clear Customs. I will update soon.

·
Registered
802 Posts
[said like an 80's southern evangelist]AND BEHOLD THE POWER OF THREAD RESURRECTION!!!

Well, I'm back, and so it this thread! After 2 years of searching, I finally bit the bullet and ordered the LSL levers from Conquest. I took the bike off the lift Easter weekend and out for a shakedown cruise. It didn't take long for my clutch hand to start barking at me. I am going to try the EZ Pull from Vicbaggers and combine it with the levers and hopefully I finally get the kind of smooth easy pull that I miss from my Honda or my buddies dark side DynaWideGlide.

I will report back as soon as they arrive.
My CC had the ez pull on it when I bought it...I found that when sitting in first gear it was pulling all the time...while in KY I stopped at a very good vic dealer with another issue and asked them to adjust my clutch while they were at it....he drove it came back said the problem with your clutch is the ez pull...I said ok...and ...he said take it off your problem goes away...I said do it and it did...I have the ez pull sitting on a shelf in my garage......just what happened with mine...

Rob

·
Registered
802 Posts
@IndyVictory Thanks, It's at the point where I figure out something to use the EZ pull or something like it, or I sell the bike. Which absolutely SUCKS as it was always my dream bike from the first time I saw one. The first bike I ever sat on was a Victory way back in 2004. The levers are in Canada now, just waiting on them to clear Customs. I will update soon.
Spawn we are close I"m just north of toronto...if you want the ez pull shoot me a pm we can meetup....

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
EZ Pull WONT work with Scorpion

just been right back to start of thread.
Youll never get Scorpion right unless youre Superman or the Hulk.
In my ecperience the EZ Clutch will only work on a stock clutch.
And then only use it if you are going to be fastidious about maintaining the correct freeplay as it wears.
Thats it!....sorry to say it but you either do get rid of the bike or go back to stock with EZ Pull and follow my directions on adusment.
Ive made many posts on adjusting the setup.
This is the bottom line........

1 - 20 of 42 Posts