Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While sitting and taking a drink/smoke break today while out on a ride, I looked at my rear tire and saw what looked like a rock stuck in the thick part of my tire. With alot of finger nail action I pulled out what looked like a piece of chirt shaped like a shark tooth. Lucky my tires only have 960 miles on them and the rock didn't cause a leak!
Sad thing is nobody around here will patch a motorcycle tire, but they will sell you a new one. I guess the liability is too much.
Oh well, just thought I'd share this piece of luck today that I had.
(did have a mushroom plug kit and air pump in my saddlebag just in case)

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Yeah. It's very difficult to find any shops who will do a lot of stuff they use to because of liability in this crazy sue happy society. Just the way it is now. Glad you got lucky but I was kinda hopin' it was the other kind of "getting lucky" for your sake. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only "getting lucky" I got what replacing my last wife (3rd) with a motorcycle.

I get better mileage on the motorcycle :)

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The only "getting lucky" I got what replacing my last wife (3rd) with a motorcycle.

I'll ask you the same thing I asked my remarried friend. Well, have you learned your lesson yet? Women are dangerous...Correction, MARRIED women are EVIL...LOL:ltr:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a similar "lucky break" a few weeks ago. I had my crossroads in to my dealer for service and stage 1 exhaust. I rode around for about 100 miles just enjoying the new sound of the exhaust then finally got home and was looking the bike over when I noticed the left exhaust tip didn't look right. I found that the bolts had came loose and the tip was off center. In the proccess of tightening it up I noticed something in the tire.Turned out to be a nail and it was leaking slow. I called the dealer and he said that they have had good luck with a new kind of a plug. The next morning I aired up the tire and rode up to the dealer (about 40 miles) and they repaired it with a plug. He said keep an eye on it. I've checked it numerous times and put on about 800 miles and seems to be ok.
By the way, I replaced my ex (3rd) with a motorcycle also. Best thing I've done in a long time.

·
Registered
567 Posts

Sounds like a pretty good trade to me........thumb up

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your lucky jdkubih!! No one around here will plug or patch a tire. They will however sell you a new tire.
I carry a mushroom plug kit and small foot pump in my saddlebags at all times just in case.

Attachments

·
13,242 Posts
I missed a sheet metal screw yesterday coming out of fleet farm. I always care a can of fix a flat. I tell my self its for the other guy in hopes I never need it.
You could put in a inner tube if you think you need it.
Don't know how big your rock is.
I do remember when growing up I worked in a gas station where we did full repairs and had a coffee can full of things that punished tires. Animal bones were a good one along with car wheel weights.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Best tip I ever got when I started riding years ago was to always stick with number 1 or number 3 positions in your lane. I.e. Either left or right, behind car tires basically and never ride in center position of lane. Car tires vacuum all those sharp objects off your path but center is always full of such objects waiting to puncture your tire or add a film of oil from that dripping tranny or oil pan of that car that takes the same route daily.....

Any auto parts store will carry the small 12v slime brand handheld Air pump... Best investment you can make right behind the motorcycle specific tire plugs......co2 cartridge aren't worth a dime......

Be safe....
cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts