Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought luggage rack from kuryakyn,ain't gonna fit, not nearly wide enough to fit on lock and load backrest, any ideas? kewlmetal does'nt make on either,or maybe they do,only seen one that fits on bike without vic backrest. anyone else found one?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well Grampa, you just haven't been looking in the right places. How about these? dance 1
I came out with these a few weeks ago. cheers

Standard in black or chrome, or any other custom finish of your choosing as an option. The best quality CNC'd billet rack you have ever laid eyes on.

$359 list in black, chrome $399 list. Members here get 10% off, so pm or e-mail me for the code if interested. In stock and ready to ship.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Will; I'm seeing a list price of $499 for the chrome XC and XR luggage racks. Was this a misprint?

They are nice BTW. I'd rather spend the money on yours than Vic's (bland) rack.
No misprint Bob, but with the Vision-Riders Member discount the price is $450. Mine may be the same list price, but you get 10X the quality, fit, and finish. Our racks are painstakingly and flawlessly mirror finished piecees with the best true triple show chrome you'll ever see (very costly) compared to the poorly polished, wavy, cheaply chromed Kuryakyn Chinese made OEM racks. Plus mine are built right here in the USA, which we all know costs a bit more.
I guess the best way to put it is our racks are of show quality, not your average utilitarian finish. Hopefully someone with one of our racks will chime in and give you their feelings on the level of goods you'll receive from me.

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Oh ok. I'm just seeing the $499 price on this page for the XR and XC's chrome racks.

Btw; I'm looking into trading in my HD and my new JP for a XC. Just fell in lust with the one I rode the other day during demo days.

I wish I could just keep buying more bikes without having to let go of another (or two in this case). In a perfect world i guess ...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Just wanted to add that it's worth it buy good quality. They tend to last forever and can be sold later if needed or wanted. That goes for just about anything.
Roger that for sure Bob, an astute observation not realized by some. Price isn't the deciding factor, proper value for what you're money gets you should be.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey,

I bought a custom made one from a guy from TheVog.net forum. Fits the OEM Lock & Ride passenger backrest perfectly. He ships you the whole mounting kit. Very happy with it. Went on in about two minutes. And I just leave it attached to the backrest, pop off the backrest when I don't need it.

Much cheaper than the price you're seeing above, too (but still not cheap). I won't quote it because I believe Steve might be charging a bit more now--demand has creeped up for him over at The Vog. Several members have bought one.

Here's his profile over there:
http://www.thevog.net/sl_narz/

And some images of his work on my Cross Roads:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hey,

I bought a custom made one from a guy from TheVog.net forum. Fits the OEM Lock & Ride passenger backrest perfectly. He ships you the whole mounting kit. Very happy with it. Went on in about two minutes. And I just leave it attached to the backrest, pop off the backrest when I don't need it.

Much cheaper than the price you're seeing above, too (but still not cheap). I won't quote it because I believe Steve might be charging a bit more now--demand has creeped up for him over at The Vog. Several members have bought one.

Here's his profile over there:
http://www.thevog.net/sl_narz/

And some images of his work on my Cross Roads:

I saw one of those last week and you can't compare the two other than they both racks for the same bikes.
I won’t and am not knocking it as it seemed to do the job, it’s utilitarian and ours are made for the best looks on top of its functionality. Sure, it's a viable alternative for those who can't or won't go for the extra bucks for what many consider to be ‘just a luggage rack’, a part of function only, and who more than anything just want a functional platform for their gear. My market is to those who want it a centerpiece when it’s not busy doing its ‘day job’.
The differences, and hence the costs of ours over this one you're mentioning are quite vast:
* 1/4" thick 6061-T6 aviation construction grade billet aluminum vs. 1/8" mild steel.
* AL is 1/3 the weight in to steel, 2X as thick which looks better plus morerigid and is still 50% lighter, yet is also 50% stronger in strength.
*Billet costs 4X as much as mild steel.
*Completely CAD designed and CNC CAM milled vs. just cut from flat stock with a plasma cutter or similar 2D cutting method.
*A CNC flycut face for perfect flatness and with fully CNC radius routed edges in and out vs. sharp edges with no radiusing or other work done after cut out.
*Full TIG welding of the 1/4" support arms creating a rock solid, one piece forever unit that can’t loosen vs. 4 screws holding it all together. Welds are forever and cannot move, where screws can loosen and cause rattles.
*Chromed steel, sooner, or later, will develop rust, usually starting where they the bolts go through or where they ‘rack’ them for chroming. Aluminum will never rust, period.
*Strategically placed triangular holes to allow for strap hooks, but won’t let them slide once placed, this rack doesn't.
*Ours has all SS mounting hardware included, although, but I wouldn’t call it a 'kit' as it simply consists of (4) 6MM-1.0 bolts, (8) 6MM flat washers and (4) Nylock nuts. I guess it’s a kit when it also consists of the extra hardware to put it all together.
Now, again, in no way am I knocking, as for the money it’s an alternative and I’m sure a fair value for its price like ours are. When I see a post comparing lower priced goods to mine without telling difference in the price itself, let alone the differences in the products, I’m compelled to point them out to keep all things in perspective for those reading.
Simply put, my racks are over built and finished well beyond what most would consider acceptable for such an item. Using only the best materials, hi-tech machining, and top shelf show chrome costs more, but it sure does yield a more refined product. I leave the price point parts to others, and cater to those who want show quality parts and tThere’s plenty of room in this market for products from both ends of the spectrum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
To each his own, CycleOps. But to be fair, please note that SL_Narz's rack is the real deal, not your average DIY-garage job. Having seen and touched this one, the OEM and the Kewlmetal, I can tell you that the gauge of metal and the chroming are top-notch.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I was very fair, as I stated, I saw one and was not just going by your pictures. Pictures which reiterate every single statement made BTW and I if you can find something there I said to refute I am all ears. I welcome you to show me anywhere I stated anything not clearly evident or factual, or where I wasn't clear when stating the intent of my post. Don't read beyond what I said. Simply take it literally and please don't embellish my words to say more than they simply are. I think I was clear in the beginning of my post. I never said it looked backyard built as you seem to imply, but you briging it up means that was apparently something maybe in the back of your mind? Go reread my post without any defensiveness and like I said, I welcome any corrections to actual facts you find that I am incorrect on, including the metallurgy details.
I'll reiterate my previous post's intent once again... it was not knocking that rack, or it's finish quality, and I also clearly said it does have a place in the market. I was simply making it clear that that is not the kind od product to compare to mine. I could make those all day for that price point too with those materials and production triple chrome, but I chose a different business plan, which includes true show chrome with each plating layer buffed before the next instead of just being dipped in tank to tank to tank. This special chrome process in and of itself adds to the price of our racks virtually the price of the complete steel rack, chrome and all, and this is no exageration. Until you see our parts in person it all sounds like nothing but pompous ass bragging ego talking and I can appreciate the apprehension, but in fact it is not, it is just the unadulterated facts regarding two totally different yet like purpose items.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A vendor just accused a member of being defensive for suggesting that there was an alternative to his product? Um, isn't that being defensive?

Listen, I'm sure your product is great. I was simply replying to a fellow member who asked for advice on avoiding paying for the OEM rack. I offered him my experience. That's it.

To avoid being labeled "defensive" by vendor again, simply for sharing an opinion, I'm done with this thread. But let me restate, I mean you no disrespect; the more vendors we have creating quality aftermarket products for Cross bike owners, the better we all are. So, please, keep up the good work. Just know that you're not the only shop around.

Cheers.

·
Registered
364 Posts
A vendor just accused a member of being defensive for suggesting that there was an alternative to his product? Um, isn't that being defensive?
C'mon man, stop the drama. If you didn't refer to my products price as a comparison point and used the OEM as your reference then I'd agree with you, but you did not.
Listen, I'm sure your product is great. I was simply replying to a fellow member who asked for advice on avoiding paying for the OEM rack. I offered him my experience. That's it.
That's not really it. If this were as you say and you were just stating your experience, and doing so without a slant, my rack's price would have never been even a mention or comparison. If you had no experience with mine how can you honestly and fairly bring my rack into it. If your experience was with the OEM then by all means, compare away. I agree the OEM piece is crap for what they charge for it, no arguments there at all.

To avoid being labeled "defensive" by vendor again, simply for sharing an opinion, I'm done with this thread.
No need to go away, and don't be so thin skinned. I don't need your political correctness, just your straightforwardness and acknowedgement of the differences presented and that there was nothing I said that was incorrect. BTW... so now what was your 'experience' has now become an opinion? I'm glad you're seeing that difference now, or was it just a Freudian slip? Either way, it's good you now realize that now. thumb up

But let me restate, I mean you no disrespect;
None taken. Nor did I intend to relay any in return and hope nothing I said was misconstrued as such. If we were sitting in a bar having this conversation over a beer you'd see the tone is in no way as you're reading it, but unfortunately that is lost in the written word and easily miscnstrued if the words written aren't taken literally as intended.
the more vendors we have creating quality aftermarket products for Cross bike owners, the better we all are. So, please, keep up the good work. Just know that you're not the only shop around.
That's great to hear you feel that way, and contrary to what you think I not only welcome others to get into the mix, but have helped many in their quest to do so in many ways. Competition is good for the industry and it only furthers the brand.

I'll drink to that, and the same back atcha. cheers

Now go see one of my racks in person so next time we'll be on the same page here! LOL! :crzy::ltr:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you guys are done bitchin,i would like more info on cycleops rack for cross roads,with shipping and my discount,and if possible to get one b4 11-22-10?

·
Registered
364 Posts
if you guys are done bitchin,i would like more info on cycleops rack for cross roads,with shipping and my discount,and if possible to get one b4 11-22-10?
You got it Gramps. LOL!
List in black is $359 and in chrome $499, and your discounted member price respectively is $323 and $449. Backrest racks come with the mounting hardware but the trunk racks need an install kit with all hardware and CNC'd bases in the finsih of your choice, and those are $30/$27, and $39/$35.10. All styles are in stock in both finishes and if you order today you'll have it before weeks end as we ship USPS 2-3 day Priority.
Thanks for your interest and I'll look forward to getting one right out to you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You got it Gramps. LOL!
List in black is $359 and in chrome $499, and your discounted member price respectively is $323 and $449. Backrest racks come with the mounting hardware but the trunk racks need an install kit with all hardware and CNC'd bases in the finsih of your choice, and those are $30/$27, and $39/$35.10. All styles are in stock in both finishes and if you order today you'll have it before weeks end as we ship USPS 2-3 day Priority.
Thanks for your interest and I'll look forward to getting one right out to you.
ok! how do i order from ya?

·
Registered
364 Posts
ok! how do i order from ya?
There are a few ways. One, you can go right to the site and I'll PM you the discount code to use at checkout to apply the 10% off, you could also e-mail me all your billing and shipping info to [email protected] and I'll prep an invoice and e-mail it where you can use Paypal, or call and use a CC over the phone, or you can just call me, give me all the info, and I'll take it all over the phone with a CC.
I'm PMing you the discount code now so you have all the options available to you to decide from. It'll go out today if we get you squared away by 3:00 or so to make the late pickup. THanks in advance.

·
Registered
364 Posts
coupon code does'nt seem to work,whats up,or am i dumb??
Sorry you had trouble. I don't think you're dumb, but my webmaster isn't here to check it. I'll PM you now with another equal code to try. If for some reason there's still a problem just shoot me an e-mail with name, address, e-mail, and daytime phone and I'll get you all set.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts