Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody with a solo seat on a steel frame bike have one of these? They seem like a great idea I was hoping someone has one mounted.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would like this one but can't find it anywhere.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
I would like this one but can't find it anywhere.
I've got one Vindex. PM me an offer and we can talk. We both know what they go for new.

Here it is mounted on my old KP. It's currently sitting on a shelf.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bob thanks for the offer VJ that's a good set up but the one on the way is compact and quick detach. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here it is installed.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More photos.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lights under the trunk.
Left turn signal
Right turn signal
Brake light

I added lights by the license plate.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lookin' good Vin. Very functional and is even a backrest for you. Can you lean against it while riding?

Which bike do you ride more?
I tried to lean back on it but it bothers me so I moved it back to where it's just at the point of being almost out of reach. The vibration on my back was irritating.

I don't ride the Harley at all it's for sale.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
Yeah. I guess it does sit kinda high to lean against.

Are you selling the Harley because you just don't ride it enough? It should sell fairly easily to anyone who knows about the upgraded frame in 09. Has it been on the market long?

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In two years my wife and I put 42,500 miles on it then things happened and she didn't want to ride anymore and that's a lot of bike for just me so in 2011 I bought the 2004 Vegas and the Harley has pretty much sat since. I put it on Craigslist two months ago for $13,500 OBO and not one single call. Nothing. Nada.

Tomorrow I'm going to Victory of Mesa and see what kind of deal they will do on a Cross Country 8-Ball and if it doesn't work I may have them try to sell it on consignment.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
The mileage might be why you aren't getting calls. People are so spoiled by finding older bikes in brand new condition with under 5k miles on them these days. The mileage isn't really high but a lot of people don't see it that way. It bet if it had 2x,xxx miles on it; you would have already sold it. A big twin HD should run to 100k+ miles easily if treated right. I've seen so many people get spooked at 60,xxx miles they trade it in on something new or with lower miles. Older people can be really funny that way.

Also; remember new model bikes are coming out soon so it might be worth waiting a bit longer to see if something pops up with your name on it.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Cross Country 8-Ball is a brand new 2014 that they want to move. I think I can get a pretty good deal on it only if they offer me decent $$ for the Ultra.

I know the miles hurt it hell my 2004 Vegas I bought in 2011 only had 6000 on it.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
Well good luck with the trade in then.

Yeah. My 04 KP only has 16k on it now and I ride it a lot. Things aren't really all that spread out in the small town I live in so I don't rack up the miles as much as when I lived in a city where going 20-30 miles each way for burger and beer was nothing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts