Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a great deal on a Mustang seat for my 03 and my current rack wouldn't fit any longer, so I decided to fab one up. Used some 3/8" round bar and some scrap plate to make the mounts.

Looked in to having it chrome plated and changed my mind real quick. :eek Have some powder coating on order that should be real close to the correct color. Will post some more shots when I get it coated & mounted. I think it's going to work out nicely :grin

·
13,003 Posts
I think you could make a lot of money off them from other guys wanting one thumb upthumb up

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Powder coating should be here Friday. I hope USPS does better on this package than the last. Should have time to get it done this weekend and take some pics.

·
Premium Member
6,083 Posts
THAT'S nice .... Real nice .... More nice than the one i made, grrrrr

Ha ha ... Yes please post after painting ....

EDIT: I see you do not have the 3 bolt-holes on your fender ?? Is your fender stock ? If yes then you did not have a passenger seat ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Super Moderator
4,971 Posts
Looks great!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THAT'S nice .... Real nice .... More nice than the one i made, grrrrr

Ha ha ... Yes please post after painting ....

EDIT: I see you do not have the 3 bolt-holes on your fender ?? Is your fender stock ? If yes then you did not have a passenger seat ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum
The fender is stock. The passenger seat has brackets that attach to the same point as the new rack under the struts. It won't fit with the Mustang seat either. I will have to buy one from them or go back to stock for a passenger.

·
Registered
567 Posts
That looks great! Job well done.

I know what you mean on the chrome, man has that gotten expensive!
A buddy of mine asked me just last night how much it would cost to have his pickup wheels chromed...which is about $300 more than new ones would cost.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was quoted $450-$500 for chrome. Needless to say, that was the end of that idea!

·
Premium Member
6,083 Posts
That's expensive ... Paint is GOOD then ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some color...

Well here it is:

I should have put a base coat on and then the candy. Live and learn I guess. May redo it this winter. Still turned out fairly well....

·
Premium Member
6,083 Posts
Looks good mate ... Very well done ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
75 Posts
That looks awesome. I am always impressed by those who can do that sort of work. Does anyone know of anyone who has tried to make a rack for the click and ride back rest for the cross country, for a lower price than the ridiculously expensive vic version?

·
Premium Member
6,083 Posts
This is the one I made, not so fancy but good size for traveling

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Premium Member
6,083 Posts
Oups ... Forgot to attach the picture ... Sorry

A BIG bag fits on that thing, and very comfortable for your back on long rides ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nothing wrong with an improvised back rest.:wink I need to get one.

·
Premium Member
6,083 Posts
Nothing wrong with an improvised back rest.:wink I need to get one.
OK when Im Home from Chittagong then I'll post some pictures of my luggage rack

It is not as beautiful as your rack, but very functional and sollid, for long rides only ....

PS I already posted a picture of my SMALL bag that I use every day ... And very comfortable backrest that is ....

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Premium Member
6,083 Posts
This is a closeup photo of the luggage rack I made .....

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

1 - 19 of 19 Posts