Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need as much info on a victory CC as i can get since i am looking at getting a new one soon.:)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on people help convince me on the goods and bads of a crosscountry.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Honestly I've been overly impressed with mine. The more I ride it the more I like it. I could use more hp but that's just me. If I had the budget id go all out on motored stiffer suspension and big brakes. But I'm super happy with the bike as it's become my favorite. One word the buy an Xct and ditch the trunk. Itl cure wind buffeting plus get a lot of extras standard like heated seat and grips bag protectors and Mutch needed lower fairings

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
need as much info on a victory CC as i can get since i am looking at getting a new one soon.:)
What experience do you have with other bikes? The pros and cons of a XC or XCT is best done when compared to other rides.

First step: Sit on one and ride one. See how it feels to you, how it fits you. See how it handles.

For me, I gave up a GoldWing that I'd had for 10 years. The Cross Country is more comfortable for me than the Wing. Also, I was looking at the HD Ultra Classic. I felt slightly cramped, and my foot kept getting caught by the factory heel-toe shifter.

·
Registered
640 Posts
If storage is not a deal breaker I wouldnt leave out the Vision as a choice.The looks grow on ya..thumb up

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Indeed. I likes it and I don't even own one :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats the real world expectation on fuel mileage.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a 2008 kawasaki meanstrek now with over 40000, had a 1500 A akaBUBF. been riding for around 25 yrs. i did test ride a CC and oooohhhh aaaahhhh. dddaaaaammm. i want it and i want it now.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a lil to much stuff on the vision but it does look good.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I'm averaging about 44+ according to the lie-o-meter. I have never actually measured it.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i check my mpg almost every tank , the majority of my riding this year is short trips to work and back, 12 miles to work, 18 back, so mpg has dropped to around 40, but if i can get more miles in a trip, like last summer work trips were 40 miles each way, averaged 45+ mpg.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
12 miles to work, 18 back
:crzy: Does your house move while you're away?

I'm just messing :ltr:

I get about 42 MPG at 80 MPH all day. Headwinds will push me into the high 30s. At 65 MPH I've gotten awful close to 50 MPG more than once, but I ain't pushing a fairing on the front of my scoot, either thumb up

·
13,235 Posts
When the humidity and dew point drop down into the low 60's your mileage will change

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
:crzy: Does your house move while you're away?

I'm just messing :ltr:

I get about 42 MPG at 80 MPH all day. Headwinds will push me into the high 30s. At 65 MPH I've gotten awful close to 50 MPG more than once, but I ain't pushing a fairing on the front of my scoot, either thumb up

haha after work i can take the long way home , if i could get my dead ass out if bed earlier i could take the long way to work too !

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
43 without putting the fingers through the throttlebodies i guess. that aint to bad for a bike that size carrying my 230lb arse.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts