Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace the brake pads and wondered what the masses think of the Lyndall & EBC brake pads.

As far as Lyndall, I'm gravitating towards the Gold Plus 7175 for the fronts, and the Gold Plus 7176 for the rear I like the dustless idea. Just haven't seen that much about EBC and not sure what model numbers to look at that would be a close comparison to the LRB Gold Plus's. I would appreciate feedback on what to look for in the EBC line, and if there are reasons to, or reasons not to go with one versus the other. Thanks! thumb up

·
Registered
848 Posts
TJ,
Went from OEm to Lyndall to EBC. Lyndall's preformed better than stock and EBC better than Lyndals.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Looking to replace the brake pads and wondered what the masses think of the Lyndall & EBC brake pads.

As far as Lyndall, I'm gravitating towards the Gold Plus 7175 for the fronts, and the Gold Plus 7176 for the rear I like the dustless idea. Just haven't seen that much about EBC and not sure what model numbers to look at that would be a close comparison to the LRB Gold Plus's. I would appreciate feedback on what to look for in the EBC line, and if there are reasons to, or reasons not to go with one versus the other. Thanks! thumb up
http://buywitchdoctors.com/c/293/victory-motorcycle-parts-brake-pads-accsys-cross-country-roads-hardball-motorcycles/

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
While I welcomed replies, I figured I could count on some thing that actually pointed me to specific part numbers which is part of what I requested in the comparison of brands. That link led me to 15 pages of mostly kids pissing in each others wheaties with regards to Witchdoctors. At least you could have checked your source, but thanks for trying. I ended up going with the EBC HH sintered pads. Case Closed...... :clap:

·
Registered
537 Posts
To answer the poster's original question....
Lyndall if you can afford them. EBC if you can't afford the Lyndalls. Either way it's an improvement over OEM's.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Just fitted the LYNDAL's rear pads to my Vegas today, was easy thanks to VisionJohnnys posting of the Witchdoctors vid (thx)
went for a 60 mile ride to try em out....silly me pulled over and grabbed the rear rotor to see how hot it was after a couple of stops...it was fkn HOT!.... cooled down with five mins riding so no caliper problems.
Works well...installed at 39,850 kms
the pads that came out had NISSIN on the back of them...would they be the originals???

·
Registered
293 Posts
Never tried Lyndalls but I like me EBC's

I have EBC Sintered HH pads. Two sets of part number FA347HH for the front. Total price for 2 sets online is 59.95. Rear is part number FA196HH cost 31.50 total online.

Beware however they do make noise. Kind of a hmmm or buzz. It's doesn't bother me but it turned my buddy off so much that he bought OEM pads. He's very anal about things being perfect where I'm more a function over form kinda guy.

EBC is much better than OEM and the sound actually helps me modulate the braking force applied.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The buzzing noise that Bob C mentions was more than I could take. Reminded me of putting baseball cards in your bicycle spokes as a kid, it was that loud. Rode it that way for about 3K hoping it would get better. No joy.
The rear being a single set is tolerable, The double set up front just made double the noise.
Went back to new OE pads up front.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I changed to EBC FA347HH on the front and EBC FA196HH on the rear. The fronts were a huge improvement over stock. The rear EBC was a disappointment as the stock pad had much more bite than did the EBC FA196HH. Also the EBC FA196HH wore out much quicker than did the fronts.

I next went with the Lyndall LRB Z-PLUS Brake Pads (Front) and the Lyndall LRB Z-PLUS Brake Pads (Rear). The Lyndalls performed just as good as the EBC FA347HH on the front and the Lyndall outperformed the EBC FA196HH on the rear. The rear brake bites much better again.

Victory has the stock rear brake dialed in very well while the fronts need a pad change.

I will not use anything but Lyndall pads on my Victory now as they have been the best overall performer front and rear for a set of pads.

You can purchase the Lyndall brake pads from Conquest Customs: http://www.conquestcustoms.com/brakepads.aspx

I always get same day shipping when ever I order from Conquest Customs.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
I got EBC coz reading the forums and they were available on W-D website when i bought other stuff to reduce shipping costs

Surly the other break pads are very good too ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts