Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
can anyone tell me if I can install a loyds air cleaner in my 2012 cross country without the installation of the fuel commander or is it a waste of time? and how can I get an HID kit or a hold of crossroads ?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
can anyone tell me if I can install a loyds air cleaner in my 2012 cross country without the installation of the fuel commander or is it a waste of time?
Although some folks on this form will say you don't need it, with Lloydz air filter you should have at least a Stage 1 download, or a fuel controller, especially if you have upgraded pipes on.

...and how can I get an HID kit..
Here's the direct link for the XC: http://victoryhid.com/hid-XC.php

... or a hold of crossroads ?
Fill out this form: http://victoryhid.com/contact.php

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
can anyone tell me if I can install a loyds air cleaner in my 2012 cross country without the installation of the fuel commander or is it a waste of time? and how can I get an HID kit or a hold of crossroads ?
I put one in my Ness XC and did not need any type of tuner. I also leave my O2 sensors plugged in. You can find my before and after dyno comparison thread by clicking my name (to the left) and searching my prior threads. You will see on that thread that mine does NOT run lean and does NOT "run hot". Others bikes have been reported to "run "hot" (and therefore lean) from day 1 so they may have been in trouble if they tried to do the filter without any tuning so you may want to be "better safe than sorry" and put in a tuner or at least pull the O2 if you don't have the Dyno access that I did when I did my swap

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Is a matter of choice to me, if want to run it factory lean AFR or possibly leaner with adding more Air without compensating for Fuel that's your call .. I chose the Mods after a lot or research and a few kind replies from members here and talking with other Vic Riders .. Did all Mods at once Pipes Lloyds Filter and PCV and got what shows in th ePic difference.. Added the AT on the advice of a couple of well known gear heads and they were right is smoother response with less hesitation and popping and also ready to do Cams now as well .. If the Filter is all you want.. I think would at least do the Stage 1 D/L although personally prefer the Tuner Route because see very few don't don't end up wanting more eventually .. My PCV w AT-300 is ready for more changes as I go because like my Power..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts