Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i made this and found out 3 minutes later that my wife bought me a real bike jack for my birthday this coming friday. Haha

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I've got two of those except mine are steel. Ingenious though.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I've been planning on this for light work. Pretty simple.
BTW, might want to strap the bike and throw a sandbag over the pipe. Just so you don't find yourself wearing it in your forhead, don't ya know.

Wrench Safe

·
Registered
283 Posts
I made one for my couch-a-socki, Don't think I'll try it on my XCT!

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
My couch-A-socki has a flat tube frame, Vic, not so much! It is very stable and I never used straps, But added the I bolts for effect! I'm thinkin J&S for my Vic. I took the handle from a old roof demo tool, added 3/4" hardwood and carpet. For that custom look!

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a pair of 2x10's bolted together. I had some issues though, because the pine would split before the bike would move. I should have used something harder like oak. So i drove some long bolts horizontally through the end of each board. I also had to cut a notch in it due to the oil pan protruding below the frame rails.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I would suggest construction adhesive and screws, over bolts! Makes for a much stronger assembly. I used 2x6 and capped it with a oak 1x4, so the edge was a bit stronger. Had the stuff laying around the shop to build it, so it the jack didn't cost me JACK!!cheers

·
Registered
158 Posts
tell your old lady thanks for the new jack, give her a big kiss, then take it back and buy something new for the bike. When she asks about the jack later, tell here you made one for less and got a great deal on something sweet for your bike.thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
tell your old lady thanks for the new jack, give her a big kiss, then take it back and buy something new for the bike. When she asks about the jack later, tell here you made one for less and got a great deal on something sweet for your bike.thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up
It doesn't work that way ..:eek:

·
Registered
283 Posts
It doesn't work that way ..:eek:
Not even close to how it works at my house! and although she can be a insufferable bitch at times, after 35 years I think were going to make it, but if i suddenly turn up dead,.... IT WAS HER!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
No even close to how it works at my house! and although she can be a insufferable bitch at times, after 35 years I think were going to make it, but if i suddenly turn up dead,.... IT WAS HER!!!
I wouldn't be worried unless she rides alone????

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts