Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife kept complaining when she rode on the bike with me that she needed something to lean against. I looked into getting an aftermarket rear seat pad/sissy bar, but they are ridiculously expensive. I had some scrap steel laying around, so I though I would design and build my own.

design

cuts made and tacked together

getting the mounting brackets right

test fitting the brackets

welded and cleaned up

On the bike

Right now, I am getting it powder coated, then it will be complete. My wife really likes it, and she doesn't want me to put a pad on. So, that makes me even more happy!

·
12,970 Posts
nice look but where the bar mounts to the plate that bolts to the fender looks weak. Looks like maybe more of a gusset

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
definitely not weak. The steel is 1/8" thick, and its been welded 100%. I can take better pics of the brackets if you would want to see them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
FINALLY!!! Someone who agrees with me! I wanted to get one of those "hotvic" sissy bars but honestly they want $280 with the stupid little laser etched thing.

I'm about to start making mine... I'll have about $30 in materials MAX and a couple hours of my time... oh and a whole $20 for powder coating. So Hotvic can suck it.

PS looks great, post pics of it after powder!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FINALLY!!! Someone who agrees with me! I wanted to get one of those "hotvic" sissy bars but honestly they want $280 with the stupid little laser etched thing.

I'm about to start making mine... I'll have about $30 in materials MAX and a couple hours of my time... oh and a whole $20 for powder coating. So Hotvic can suck it.

PS looks great, post pics of it after powder!
For sure! I should have it sometime next week. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
26 Posts
So I know I'm late to post on this, but are there any pictures of it powder coated? Also, would you mind sharing the exacts on making this? I seriously dig this look and would love to have similar on my highball.

-HT

·
Registered
75 Posts
Has anyone made a luggage rack for the lock and ride back rest for the xc? I can't stomach the 400+ from victory, and am thinking of making one or having one made by a local metal shop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts