Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my MadStad installed...unfortunately the temps here in Arkansas right now are about 18 degrees. So I can't take it out for a spin until probably Saturday.

I also decided before I jumped in on the contrast cut speaker grills that I try to do a contrast paint job on my current grills.

Although these pictures SUCK...the windshield looks pretty good and I like the way the speaker grills turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
What size shield did you go with?

Speakers look great, nice work.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with the 11"...but I am thinking I'll want the 13". I'm 5'7", but I am so used to looking THROUGH the shield. Mark at MadStad has offered to exchange, but I think I'll try this one awhile and if it's not what I like, then I'll go ahead and order the 13"...but I REALLY, REALLY like the tinting on this shield...it's the MEDIUM tint.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK...here are some pics with the speaker grills BOTH painted and installed...also a better picture of my MadStad install (still think I'm gonna get the 13" shield).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
OK...here are some pics with the speaker grills BOTH painted and installed...also a better picture of my MadStad install (still think I'm gonna get the 13" shield).
Have you ridden with the 11" one yet? I was surprised how effective my 11" one was. With the adjust-ability you really do not NEED the larger shield.

·
Premium Member
13,326 Posts
That is a beautiful bike!! Everything except Yoko. She is bat **** crzy! ;)
I was kinda thinking the same thing about her until I heard her stand up for the dolphins in the annual dolphin hunt in Japan and tried to get them to re-think doing it. It's kinda like what the Eskimos do with whales. It's more of a tradition than anything.

As time goes by and we find out more and more about the dolphins we are finding out they are much more like us than we ever thought. Pretty sure it's the same with the whales, elephants, dogs, and other animals many take for granted.

When I saw the posters I did kinda think to myself; holy jump back to the 60's and 70's Batman! :D It's all good. Used to dig all that stuff myself back when. Black lights and all.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a beautiful bike!! Everything except Yoko. She is bat **** crzy! ;)
LOL...now that's funny there. Thanks for the laugh!

Have you ridden with the 11" one yet? I was surprised how effective my 11" one was. With the adjust-ability you really do not NEED the larger shield.
Not yet...will ride today and tomorrow (before the bottom drops out of our temperatures again). My reason for "THINKING" I want the 13" shield is two fold...one looks, I already am thinking I will have the shield all the way (to look through the shield) and when I do this, the bottom of the shield is about 4-5" off the the fairing...it's more of a "LOOKS" thing. I'll know MORE today. :)

When I saw the posters I did kinda think to myself; holy jump back to the 60's and 70's Batman! :D It's all good. Used to dig all that stuff myself back when. Black lights and all.
Yeah Bob...it was my time too. I got these from my MIL who runs an animal shelter thrift shop...these are originals. The Peace Poster is from 1967 and the John/Yoko Poster is from 1970. The John/Yoko poster was on eBay for $300...although I have them for nostalgia reasons....LOVE THOSE DAYS.

Far out...Keep on Truckin', Peace Out!!

ArkieBiker

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I never had any turbulence when using the Victory TALL windshield. Today was my only day to test out the MadStad...and when I had the windshield UP, I got little or no turbulence (hard to tell because we were very windy here today)...but with the windshield DOWN...I could feel buffeting on my head.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get the 13" windshield (I have the 11" right now). BUT, I have a feeling that my gas mileage will improve with this windshield...since it's about 50% smaller.

Time will tell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts