Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
13,003 Posts
good video and the pipes sound good to. Most riders don't know what there bike really sounds like. Stand on the side of the road and have a budy make a few pass's past you then you'll know what the rest of us hear.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Awesome fit. I have the Jones' glass packs and they are unpainted, and they were definitely a press-fit. And when I say 'press fit', I mean I had to wham them in with a 4x4 piece of wood ;)

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Yea definitely. These Vics like to spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Lookin at the blurb under the vid he reckons hes spinning it to about 4500...
Dont sound like it to me.
This is my RPW Slash duals at the strip
https://youtu.be/OlfiqfSFI6I

Though listening to me ya wouldnt think I was spinning it to 5900 would ya?
And if ya listen I mess up shift to third!
Slow revvin v twins hey!..More Power to em!

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Hi guys! I see you found my youtube channel.
Sorry for the messy garage! LOL!
Let me know if you have questions.
Not to be confused with my youtube channel or my messier garage.
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I did the Broggy muffler mod also. Only I used 20 inch jobs. I think mine may be a bit quieter. Broggy I think used 16" Jones Mufflers @ Summit. And I will also say they take some pretty umm forceful perswayson to go in. Being longer I had to pund mine in even further. I almost wonder if a guy couldnt just cut off however much the can is and weld the ends to the muffler, instead of jamming the muffler in the can.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The reason I posted this is because using the wrong muffler can really wack down the HP. Bessanies or whatever they are called seem to be one of the best with all the perf. mods and cams.

Arlen Ness did his with Magna Flow. Maybe someday someone with some more detailed info can clue us in the comparisons.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I did the Broggy muffler mod also. Only I used 20 inch jobs. I think mine may be a bit quieter. Broggy I think used 16" Jones Mufflers @ Summit. And I will also say they take some pretty umm forceful perswayson to go in. Being longer I had to pund mine in even further. I almost wonder if a guy couldnt just cut off however much the can is and weld the ends to the muffler, instead of jamming the muffler in the can.

You were close. 18’s.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The reason I posted this is because using the wrong muffler can really wack down the HP. Bessanies or whatever they are called seem to be one of the best with all the perf. mods and cams.

Arlen Ness did his with Magna Flow. Maybe someday someone with some more detailed info can clue us in the comparisons.
Dave at Rajun Cajun makes some decent ones as well. Know a guy with them on his CCT and they sound and perform very well. His bike was dyno'd by Kevin at around 128. They run less than 3 beans if I remember. maybe 260-275 bucks.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
I had Tri Ovals on my CCT for the first 45K miles or so. They kept sounding better as the miles added up. About 9K miles ago I installed Dave Raging Cajun Medium Low & Throaty and I love them. I liked how the Tri Ovals sounded but I never got a compliment on their sound. With the Raging Cajun Medium Low & Throaty, I've gotten several compliments on their sound. Even my wife loves them!

When you talk to Dave, he'll ask you a lot of questions and compare his various models to just about any other muffler on the market. Name a muffler and Dave will tell you how they're designed and why they sound like they do. As well as what model Raging Cajun he makes that improves on it. I think he's bought every aftermarket muffler that's ever been available for R&D. The man simply knows what he's doing, loves making and experimenting and will get you the sound you want at the best price around. Bar none.

Dave goes under the screen name crosscountryla on the other forum.

Merry Christmas everyone.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those sound cool. I seen some of his info. Thanks for posting the excellent summery.

I did already find some great Tri Ovals to start with this spring /summer. That will give me the stockers to maybe tweak. Where is March 2018!

·
13,003 Posts
over on FB there is Miller Mufflers. He takes your stock muffler and guts it and puts in a glass pack. You tell him how loud you want it and how deep a sound. Guys have dynoed there bikes with his mufflers and have came up with really good numbers. Don't know what glass pack but they do make a difference

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
over on FB there is Miller Mufflers. He takes your stock muffler and guts it and puts in a glass pack. You tell him how loud you want it and how deep a sound. Guys have dynoed there bikes with his mufflers and have came up with really good numbers. Don't know what glass pack but they do make a difference

I believe he does way more than put in a simple glass pack. I believe he’s designed and built his own baffles.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Dave at Raging Cajun will tell you all about the different Miller, Gonzo Garage and everyone else who makes mufflers for your Victory Cross bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts