Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will putting a stock magnum abs ring and 21 trip the sensor. My buddy put an X1 wheel and X1 ring on his XC and now the light is illuminated. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Programming maybe

I bet the computer or ECU is seeing a different ratio now between the distance the rear wheel travels in rpms compared to the different larger front wheel on the bike now. I would tend to believe it sees the rear of the bike as going faster than the front now, since the front wheel now does NOT turn as many rpms in a given distance as it use to. So it is possible they may just reprogram it for a 21" front wheel or it may be even the possibility of having to change out the ring to a different size. A good dealer ought to be able to tell you or a service rep. I would be willing to bet you have to put the program in for the Magnum is my guess.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Magnum and XC ring are the same. The difference is the module on magnum is different. You need aftermarket 21" ring to fool module.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Magnum and XC ring are the same. The difference is the module on magnum is different. You need aftermarket 21" ring to fool module.
That's what I was thinking, just wanted to confirm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts