Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to check out a Magnum up close the other day. I liked the one piece bag filler design but can't find a oem part number for them? Does anybody have a part number for them or have come across them yet?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Ordered through Honda east toledo. I don't know how long they will take to get here, but got them cheaper than that with shipping. I know they showed that you can get unpainted ones for $99, so there's an option too

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
just so you know the backrest cannot be used with these in place

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good eye, I missed the $100 ones before. That will actually work better for me anyways since I've got something custom planned for them. Let me know what you think of them and how fitment goes when you get them. thumb up

·
Registered
26 Posts
They will work with the backrest or trunk but require some modifying. I cut them out on my 2015 Magnum. There is a thread on here that i posted procedure and pics to show how to do it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
They will work with the backrest or trunk but require some modifying. I cut them out on my 2015 Magnum. There is a thread on here that i posted procedure and pics to show how to do it.

gotcha, but if your going to buy them to put on a non magnum you could just as well buy the vicbaggers ones couldnt you? no cutting

·
Registered
26 Posts
You could buy the two piece, certainly the easy way out. But it doesn't cover beside the sissy bar mounts, just in front and back. Plus, these came stock on my Magnum, so i didn't have to buy and paint the others.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
ya, i have the lowers, no real intention on buying the uppers, but yes if i were going to buy and run a backrest i would buy the two piece.

do you have more/better pics of how yours turned out? its hard to see in the one you posted?

·
Registered
26 Posts
ya, i have the lowers, no real intention on buying the uppers, but yes if i were going to buy and run a backrest i would buy the two piece.

do you have more/better pics of how yours turned out? its hard to see in the one you posted?
2015-01-19 13.11.09.jpg
without the bags.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I personally don't like them (1 piece). I have the VicBaggers 2 pc. painted $350.00. With the 1 piece you can't use trunk, passenger backrest. I love the 2 piece because it gives you the option. Lower bolts to fender, upper attaches to the bags via rubber grommet slip in. Very Nice!! Got rid of ugly antanae and got a faring antanae from vicbaggers also.

·
13,263 Posts
Possum
say in the photo you posted I saw a lot of rub marks on the top of the belt. See how shiny it is right before the word victory.
That's not good. If you haven't fixit you should look into what's causing it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I personally don't like them (1 piece). I have the VicBaggers 2 pc. painted $350.00. With the 1 piece you can't use trunk, passenger backrest. I love the 2 piece because it gives you the option. Lower bolts to fender, upper attaches to the bags via rubber grommet slip in. Very Nice!! Got rid of ugly antanae and got a faring antanae from vicbaggers also.
I hear ya man. To each his own. As long as were all riding then that's all that matters! thumb up...

I'm the opposite of you though. I prefer the clean one piece design. Because I don't run a trunk or back rest and don't need the accessibility.

Here's a recent one I came across at a local show.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Who has the one piece ones and installed th m. I need the instructions. I'm missing something I think.
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
262 Posts
@DirtyDan I have them installed on my XR, what part do you think you are missing?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
@DirtyDan I have them installed on my XR, what part do you think you are missing?
As far as I can tell the tapes to the fender and the L brackets at the rear. Think I can make those and buy the cushion tape. Biggest issue is it's a 2010 and the posts that the filler fits on, the ones the bolt go through, ar fatter and different than 2011 and up. May just take a grinder to them.

·
Registered
262 Posts
As far as I can tell the tapes to the fender and the L brackets at the rear. Think I can make those and buy the cushion tape. Biggest issue is it's a 2010 and the posts that the filler fits on, the ones the bolt go through, ar fatter and different than 2011 and up. May just take a grinder to them.
Rather than grinding them out, you could split the underside of them to make an "Expansion joint" per se. I used a hot knife and sliced through them to notch the brackets for my backrest.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts