Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is the Magnum seat lower and narrower than the stock XC seat?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Question answered.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slightly lower. I just ordered the the super low for my XC. I'm 5'4",and wanted to be a bit more flat footed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just received the touring seat, the wider one, which is wider than the stock, but lower by about a 1/2 inch. I love it. It is a zillion times more comfortable than the stock seat, but I am trying out the more narrow version which is still another 1/4 inch lower. I think the more narrow aspect will allow my feet to touch the ground a bit more comfortably.
The best way to get more flat footed is to get a lowering link. I did a 1 inch lowering link last summer and really like it. Not too low where I am bottoming out all of the time or scraping my pipes (too much), but low enough for me to be more comfortable maneuvering the bike around for parking and such.
The install is quick and simple for a do it your-selfer, but not too pricey for a shop to install either.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just received the touring seat, the wider one, which is wider than the stock, but lower by about a 1/2 inch. I love it. It is a zillion times more comfortable than the stock seat, but I am trying out the more narrow version which is still another 1/4 inch lower. I think the more narrow aspect will allow my feet to touch the ground a bit more comfortably.
The best way to get more flat footed is to get a lowering link. I did a 1 inch lowering link last summer and really like it. Not too low where I am bottoming out all of the time or scraping my pipes (too much), but low enough for me to be more comfortable maneuvering the bike around for parking and such.
The install is quick and simple for a do it your-selfer, but not too pricey for a shop to install either.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to try the seat first,if that isn't enough,I'll pop in a lowering link at a future time. I watched the Wichdoctor you tube vid. It doesn't seem to be too difficult of a job. With my boots,I'm almost flat foot. I'm hoping the new seat will drop me down enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts