Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'll like to upgrade the speakers on my magnum but I don't want to mess with the amp. I think the stock amp is enough for me, but I know there is better speakers that can be use for clear and louder sound.
I know there is already a thread in the forum, I searched around and can't find it.
I know the Polks DB521 are a perfect fit. I don't mind going to DB651 and buy the adapter ring.
What do you have on yours and what other options I have?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I believe @PaiN has the DB521s on his bike. I have the DB522s. Great speakers as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
The DB521's sound good too me, they handle the volume of the stock system much better than the factory Kickers did.

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks so much. I'll take a look at rockford's then also.
I have to stay under the 100 watt amp or they start sounding like crap, right?

·
Registered
209 Posts
No sir. Just make sure match up your speakers rms wattage requirements to the amplifier you choose RMS output. That ensures the best combination and speaker performance. That’s another reason why choosing the Rockford TMS series speakers and a T400x4ad (d class amp with analog topology). They match well with high efficiency, output and are super durable.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been busy, and I will keep looking for now. The rockford's are $ 300 and I was looking for something cheaper....I know, call me cheap...
But since I'm not upgrading the amp, the polk's DB522's seems to be right choice, and for a great price...
Broggyr, are you running the stock 100 watt amp in yours?

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I've been busy, and I will keep looking for now. The rockford's are $ 300 and I was looking for something cheaper....I know, call me cheap...

But since I'm not upgrading the amp, the polk's DB522's seems to be right choice, and for a great price...

Broggyr, are you running the stock 100 watt amp in yours?

Thanks again.

I’m running the DB522’s off of the stock head unit wired into a Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 amp. That changes this winter, however, as I am replacing the head unit with a JVC and custom-wired faceplate. The head unit will be located behind the fairing, and the faceplate will sit where the current radio display sits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
95 Posts
Kicker ps 694. Weatherproof and sealed and can handle any amount you throw at them with the stock amp.

·
Registered
435 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
On the Magnum speakers only without a larger amplifier won’t make a significant difference but is a good upgrade on the Cross Country. Both bikes get a big upgrade by upgrading their amplifiers. The new Rockford Fosgate PBR 400 is a cost efficient powerhouse that was just released and doubles the output of our bikes audio. The 4channel can power your trunk and saddle bags if you add in the future.
Punch 400 Watt Full-Range 4-Channel Amplifier | Rockford Fosgate ®

·
Registered
209 Posts
Your call brother. The Polk speakers are fine and much better than the stockers. They aren’t on the other hand the same as the Tms from Rockford. The Yamaha Strat is a fine bike but not in the same league as our Magnums. The Rockford will be significantly louder, won’t distort as easily and full water poof. You can always upgrade later if you want to. A stage one with the Rock amp and the polks wil definitely will a big upgrade over the terrible stockers. I would also suggest a Bluetooth adapter too if you don’t have currently. You can use through your aux input.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/JL-Audio-MBT-RX-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B00MH5CFEU[/ame]

·
Registered
435 Posts
Bluetooth connectivity is on my list. I have a Magnum and so I am covered for the Bluetooth now. Still need to learn how to use it. I think I will toss and Ipod in the saddlebag and use the Bluetooth with the phone for XM Radio and other music. I saw the info about the XM module but that doesn't make sense since we have the blue tooth. After the first discounted year of XM Sirius Satellite its about $235 a year for an all access sub with a car radio activation.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It should be stock on all our bikes but currently only the Magnum comes std with Bluetooth connectivity. The XC with am/fm upgrade has a std AUX input and the XC 8ball has the same AUX input that can sometimes have a 32 pin old school apple iPod connection. All of which can be modified to a Bluetooth connection. If you already have the 12Volt outlet in the Your right bag as well this little Bluetooth receiver works well too. [ame]https://www.amazon.com/FIREFLY-Smallest-Bluetooth-Receiver-Streaming/dp/B01HDO66PS[/ame]

The JLAudio one is full marine and auto pairs and so does the firefly if you already have a 12Volt outlet and are going to add a usb charging device. This way you can both easy and inexpensively. Both the above have auto pairing once originally set up.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It’s not a must but will help speed the install. The wiring is about half of the $$$ in the kit. The XC platform has a TON of room in the fairing so either get creative or use this mounting solution. Is it worth $30? The new PBR400 is a little bigger than the old PBR300 but these brackets will still give you a mounting solution if you want them. Another great tool are radio mounting straps if you have lying around.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Punch 400 Watt Full-Range 4-Channel Amplifier | Rockford Fosgate ® This amp would take advantage of the full 100 watt Polk 522 at 2 ohm. on 4 speakers. I think ( and I really dont know) they would kick ass. 200 W at 4 ohms would maybe take out and blow up the Polk 522s Anybody know?

The PBR300 is going to max out at around 84 watts with 4 speakers and 4 ohm. Set at 2 ohms 2 front speakers only/ the pbr 300 would push the 522s.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Punch 400 Watt Full-Range 4-Channel Amplifier | Rockford Fosgate ® This amp would take advantage of the full 100 watt Polk 522 at 2 ohm. on 4 speakers. I think ( and I really dont know) they would kick ass. 200 W at 4 ohms would maybe take out and blow up the Polk 522s Anybody know?

The PBR300 is going to max out at around 84 watts with 4 speakers and 4 ohm. Set at 2 ohms 2 front speakers only/ the pbr 300 would push the 522s.
The new PBR400 is definitely the way to go. It’s compact, d class (to run super cool) and power them and other rear bag speakers in the future. The T400x4ad I mentioned earlier is almost double the power but not needed on the 522’s. Just remember like horsepower wattage is all about the throttle. You don’t have to use it all, you just want to.. lol

The 522’s and PBR400 will be awesome! Stay clear of the PBR300. Its design (AB class) tends to get hot when in small, confined spaces with little air, like our fairings.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts