Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Perfect day for a first cruise - morning ride started out mid-high 50's in Orange County Ca, took Ortega Hwy to Lake Elsinore, then south to Temecula, then east over the hills to Palm Springs where it was high 70's. Then the 10 / 60 freeways home. Bike ran beautifully. Can't believe how much better it handles the twisties than my S 50.

The dealer didn't have my windscreen yesterday when I picked up the bike, didn't miss it at all til the 10 westbound out of Palm springs. It seems like it's always real windy thru there, & I sure felt it.

once I figgr out how to attach pics I will.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Awesome! It sure was a beautiful day today and I actually was at the junction of the 10 and the 15 fwy for a few minutes. (with my car:D)
Hopefully we can get together this Sunday. :)

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Mr. Administrator, is there a SoCal filter that you can put in place so this type of thing can't be seen by those of us who have bikes in hibernation? All that sunshine in those photos is absolutely disgusting to us here in the northern half. Please help us, we're dying up here.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Oh Mr. Administrator, Lance is bugging us up here.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mr. Administrator, is there a SoCal filter that you can put in place so this type of thing can't be seen by those of us who have bikes in hibernation? All that sunshine in those photos is absolutely disgusting to us here in the northern half. Please help us, we're dying up here.
Being the noob that I am, when I started reading this I thought I was doing something wrong! Damn good thing I wasn't drinking anything , it woulda ended up all over my screen!!:ltr:

·
Registered
755 Posts
No hating please. :cool::ltr:

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Being the noob that I am, when I started reading this I thought I was doing something wrong! Damn good thing I wasn't drinking anything , it woulda ended up all over my screen!!:ltr:
What were you saying? I had to leave the 'puter to go stoke the fire and empty the buckets under the leaks in the roof.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome! It sure was a beautiful day today and I actually was at the junction of the 10 and the 15 fwy for a few minutes. (with my car:D)
Hopefully we can get together this Sunday. :)
Yeah, VV, I'm still down, as long as it isn't raining... weatherman says 20% chance, so lets play it by ear...

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Yeah, VV, I'm still down, as long as it isn't raining... weatherman says 20% chance, so lets play it by ear...
I might tag along on Sunday, but it has to be dry. I am a fair weather rider. :ltr:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hell I dont think the wind EVER stops blowing in Palm Springs.............wonder if thats why all those big ass white propeler thingies are all over the place:ltr:
just sayin....lol

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hell I dont think the wind EVER stops blowing in Palm Springs.............wonder if thats why all those big ass white propeler thingies are all over the place:ltr:
just sayin....lol
You are right there Ed, I used to go sand railing out near Salton Sea all the time... seen it so windy thru that wind tunnel it was scary.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Actually the wind doesnt blow all that much out there or should I sa no where near that of the scuttlebut. The exception is the valley in question and the north side of the 10. Hence why at one point heading east you will only see the wind gens on the North side.

My brother in Law lives 4 miles from me on the horth side while I live on the south side of the 10 in Laquinta directly across from him. On one occassion he had a tree blown down in his front yard and on our side I was laying out by my pool with the umbrellas up unaware of any wind. My home is located roughly 17 miles from the Palm Springs Airport. Its a terrbile place to live, every one needs to stay away and save themselves. :D

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Fishslaper... sounds like you'll have more miles on your bike in a couple weeks then I do since last Oct when I bought mine. Glad to hear your enjoying the ride and were finding more vic riders to share the road. One of these weeks I'll be home where I can join the ride.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fishslaper... sounds like you'll have more miles on your bike in a couple weeks then I do since last Oct when I bought mine. Glad to hear your enjoying the ride and were finding more vic riders to share the road. One of these weeks I'll be home where I can join the ride.
Looking forward to it! I did buy this bike to ride...I grew up riding dirt bikes, did so for 20 yrs before hanging up the desert bikes for sand rails. Was heavy into that for another 15.

I hadn't been on any bikes at all (except an occasional spin around the block on a borrowed bike) since'93, up until about a yr & a half ago my brother talked me into riding back & forth to work with him. Two Suzuki's & 17000 miles later here I am...

I am loving this bike more & more every time I fire it up. Got my windscreen put on friday after the Palm Springs run, was soo nice on the trip down to San Deigo yesterday. No buffeting at all.

Well, enough of my babbling. Still so excited about this flippin bike I can't get much sleep!! :crzy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts