Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys have any maintenance issues and what are the service intervals and are the prices reasonable?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Do most of mine myself stuff like changing fork oil and stuff like that I will have to let dealer do

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The most common maintenance issue is loose battery cables which really isn't an issue if you know to check. Whether you buy new or used check to make sure the cables are tight.

·
Registered
347 Posts
None yet, and ..I do my own.. Get yourself a service manual, these bikes are easy to work on and you have the satisfaction of Knowing that the job is done right and you can keep on top of minor issues between maintenace schedules without freaking out and shelling out for what is usually five minutes of your time.. thumb up

·
12,970 Posts
when it come to fork oil change pull your forks and walk them in save some money.

Don't change your belt till you get to 75 thousand and then maybe not

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
If youre handy on the tools get the free manual download off hete and do most of it yourself.
Once the initial first service is done the belt is set, make sure the adjusters arent messed with when its tyre change time.
Tyre Shops proficient in Vics will know that.
I changed my own fork oil.
Engine oil and filters a walk in the park.
Clutch cable clean lube and adjust when needed,
Clean and lube and check at least every oil change,
I split mine to half oil intervals, and use moly lube.
Once its fully broke in around 10,000 miles Id go to a quality full synthetic oil..more info on that in endless oil threads here.
Very user friendly maintenance wise and youll learn all the tricks , dangers, and pitfalls here.
Im off for a ride! Enjoy

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Where do I find the manual download on here?
Search among posts and threads by Bbob. His signature has a link.
I'm 78 and do all my own work and I am not a bike wrench. If you know which end of the screwdriver is the handle, you can work on a Victory. thumb upthumb up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts