Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out riding today and with earplug in listening to music I heard what sounded like metal dragging under the bike so I stop and look...nothing there...take off again minus earplugs....once I get going the noise continues...Kind of a metal dragging. so I baby it into the nearest town (50 miles from home). By the time I get there it sound like there is a gear randomly grinding... The motor runs fine and trans shifts with no problems...Could this be a bearing on the belt drive or clutch ? any Ideas ? Or offers to buy as is ? love this bike..but not motivated to work on it right now...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got it home, As I was pushing it in the sound is coming from rear....I think it could be a wheel bearing....Maybe I had the axel torqued too tight......are bearing hard to come by ??? I hope to tear into it Friday afternoon.

·
13,043 Posts
You can take old bearing to a bearing store and get one. Ask for high speed.

How to pull primary

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got it up on the jack....Spun the wheel .... I could hear it ... but could not tell from where...took the back wheel off...the pulley side bearing is dry and a little noisy...so to be sure I hook up my drill to the front pulley and spun it both ways....no noise...... I'm going to replace both bearing while I'm at it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got some bearing off amazon from "All Balls"...Fixed the problem..
What amazed me was that once I got the bike off the ground and loosened the axel the noise just about stopped...It is like the frame amplified the noise...Very glad that it wasn't anything worse...and thankful the bearing didn't lockup....

thanks for all the feedback.... :smile :wink :grin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts