Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it didn't take long for the wife to start making her new XC her own.

First thing we did was remove the CeeDragon Windshield and Madstad system. It was just too tall for her and she was looking thru the curved section. We ended up putting my first shield on, I know it is a Victory shield but I don't know what it is called. It is still too tall but at least she is not looking thru a curved flip section. Hopefully the original owner brings in his stock shield to the dealer and they will give it to us otherwise I will be purchasing one.

Her other problem is her height, at 5'4" on a good day she is definitely stretching her limits at a stop lol. Letting all of the air out of the shock helped. I am seriously contemplating one of the lowering kits for her. The other problem with her height is the seat, she was sliding around in it since her butt was no where near the backstop.

I called Lonnie at GrassHopper to see if he could make her a "custom" backrest, something that put the pad about 6" in front of the opening in the seat. He said no problem. I called on Monday and it was at my door on Friday. I can't say enough Kudos to Grasshopper for their customer service. I wanted their backrest for her for a couple of reasons, first and foremost is the small size of it. She is not a big lady and the OEM and Utopia backrests would have swallowed her up. Second is his price, he didn't even charge me extra for the custom work. cheers I love the looks of it on her bike and with her on it, it just fits.

She was missing her cupholder, she loves her morning cappuccinos

I admit, I committed chrome sacrilege. She had a nice chrome Kruzer-Cady on her Yammi, and I wasn't about to drop another $50 just to get her a black one so....Yes.....I sanded the chrome:puke: and painted it flat black to go with her bike. It does look good on her bike though.

Here are some pics of the changes

Here Grasshopper modified his standard post to push her forward

Her Kruzer-Cady for her Java

Now that we have 2 XC's to maintain I finally got around to modifying my HF bike stand. I took off more of the wheel lock than was needed but it still works great. Now I can work on things with the bike standing upright again. You MUST remove material from the wheel lock or it will nail the fender

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Well it didn't take long for the wife to start making her new XC her own.
How does she like the backrest? I see so many that cock backwards. Seems like they would be useless as a lumbar support. That there pad you got her looks ergonomically correct. Gotta link to Grasshoppa? I've recently gone naked and that product looks like it would provide nice support in lieu of doing a lot of situps. :D

BTW, did you ever find out what the Vic guy traded her bike in for? Looks to me like they still haven't sold a single new Vic yet, though they did appear to move their used Hammer. Makes me vewwy sad. I really thought Vic would be a great line for them. :(

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does she like the backrest? I see so many that cock backwards. Seems like they would be useless as a lumbar support. That there pad you got her looks ergonomically correct. Gotta link to Grasshoppa? I've recently gone naked and that product looks like it would provide nice support in lieu of doing a lot of situps. :D

BTW, did you ever find out what the Vic guy traded her bike in for? Looks to me like they still haven't sold a single new Vic yet, though they did appear to move their used Hammer. Makes me vewwy sad. I really thought Vic would be a great line for them. :(
http://www.grasshopperlimited.com/

His backrests are not adjustable like the Vic OEM or the Utopia but they are quality and you can not beat his price.

The guy traded it for a new FJR they said he wanted something more sporty. :crzy: I think I would have figured that out before I dumped a ton of money in upgrades, but I am not complaining.

She has a hell of a bike thanks to his upgrades. I love that Ness exhaust. I thought I was happy with my Stage 1 but after hearing and riding her bike, I gotta have that exhaust. She said OK we just need to save for a few weeks and I will get it ordered.cheers

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah everybody comments on those when she rides up. The original owner said he had Witchdoctor do a custom flat finish on them. The standard ones from there are gloss black.

·
13,235 Posts
when are you going to lower the bike so she gets her feet on the ground easer

·
Premium Member
109 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when are you going to lower the bike so she gets her feet on the ground easer
Looking into that now, leaning towards the WitchDoctor stuff.

When you lower the bike for her, you might consider this adjustable lowering link. Have had it on my bike now for about a year, and works great. Dealer here saw mine and ordered several to keep in stock. You can adjust it very easy to her liking. thumb up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victory-Cross-Roads-Cross-Country-Hardball-Vision-Adjustable-lowering-link-/200931111217?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec86d7131&vxp=mtr#ht_325wt_1234
I like the idea of being able to "dial" it in for her. Whose Kickstand did you go with and how did you know how short of a kickstand to get???

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
[

I like the idea of being able to "dial" it in for her. Whose Kickstand did you go with and how did you know how short of a kickstand to get???[/QUOTE]

Sorry I can't help you on that one, because at the present I don't believe I have lowered it enough to need a shorter kick stand. Although when I first lowered it, I was looking into a shorter kickstand because bike was sitting to straight up for my comfort.
But that was with the first lowering link I ordered that was not adjustable. So I got the adjustable to raise the bike a little, so I wouldn't drag the end of my pipes turning into corners when my wife was on the back. I know some others on the forum have some good information about what length of kick stand you might want to get, taking your wifes hight in consideration.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts