Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all Im from the frozen state of Michigan. I live in holland which is right on Lake michigan. Right now we are at 122" of snow for the year. 2nd most snowfall in History for the town. Yet I'm buying a bike.

Well I am Finally making the change over to the 2014 victory cross country. I have a 2006 yamaha stratoliiner 1900 right now that I'm trading in. I looked at Harley roadglides (love the look) but the price tag was out of my range. I have wanted a viceroy now for a few years and well they are going to deliver the bike to my house at some point today.

Im getting the black and chrome version.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the thrill of Victory. You made a very wise choice--this from a first time Victory owner and ex cruiser hater. There's a lot to like about these bikes.
A word of advice; it takes a long time for these engines to loosen up and quiet down - over 3,00 miles. So be patient. The shifting is gonna be clunkier than you're used to and pre-loading the shifter will make shifts smoother and quieter. I too "graduated" from Yammies to Vic and I ain't looking back.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Ric , that is solid advice to give to a Victory Newbie ...thumb up

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The bike got Dropped off to the house. What a great Ride. Now if someone is friends with mother nature can you please make a call about this White crap Outside..

Still trying to figure out how to post Pictures

·
Registered
454 Posts
Speaking as an EX roadie, Congrats on your bike. I really enjoyed my road glide, BUT I still find my HighBall just as if not more comfortable than the roadie, sure it would make a better two up bike than mine, but I ride alone.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Nice looking ride congrats on your purchase!! Welcome to Victory and to this forum. Ride safe once the weather warms up!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Welcome and Congrats...neighbor........thumb up

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Ah, she's a beauty Krazy. Now you have time to make sure all the fasteners are torqued properly and the battery terminals are tight. A lot of guys didn't do the latter and they posted that their bike quits running while under way, or it won't start.
Are the foot controls where you want them? They move fore and aft, you know. Is the clutch lever adjusted properly?
I couldn't take that ugly stand up license holder, so made a lay down one that compliments the lines of the bike and others wanted one too, so now I make them for forum members and sell 'em cheap. Go to the thread "Laydown license bracket for cross bikes." See what you think.
What that bracket does for the looks, fork mounted wind deflectors will do for your comfort in wind and rain protection. They'll help eliminate windshield buffeting too.
Another helpful hint; When a bike (or any engine) is in hibernation, do not start it unless you are going to take it out for an extended ride that will totally warm everything including the oil. Great harm can be done when starting, running for 10 minutes or so and shutting it down.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Welcome friend. Good looking ride. Enjoy!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for all the advice. I have going on the other tab of the computer right now a Page looking up a way to lay the plate down. Cause it stands out like a Sore thumb. I will def. check out yours and Probably hit you up for 2 of them since my Girlfriend has a Cross roads as well she Purchased in the late fall.

I need to look at adding a amp and a way to play my iPod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts