Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ello there!

So... I'm planning on making the switch from HD to VIC... Former owner of the 12' Iron 883 that I bought new at 21 years of age. I loved the bike. Great bike. I put 12k on it the first year I owned it. Sadly, I sold it 2 years ago. But I needed the money and wanted something bigger anyway. I kept telling myself I was gonna get something new but well... Two years pass and here I am... Still bikeless..:(. BUT... I've been saving my money up this past year and got a whopping tax return backcheers so I'm taking this opportunity to get back in the saddle... I'll admit, apart of me is scared to turn my back on HD. I love the brand but when I went to throw my leg over a street bob.. The thing felt super tiny.. The tank looked small, the apes were tiny. I'm roughly 5'10 and 180lbs.. This kinda hurt my feelings about HD and so I scooted on over to my local victory dealer... Threw my leg over the Highball and my god does it feel good. It's big. My legs are stretched. I feel like I'm on a motorcycle built for man...

My future aspirations for the bike are cutting the ugly rear fender down a bit... Here's a link of a guy who did exactly what I want to do... http://www.victoryforums.com/46-victory-high-ball/34706-chopped-rear-fender-my-hiball.html It sits high so I plan on getting 1 1/2 to 2" lowering link to drop it down a bit.. Possibly 3" even? Also, of course... Got to get those Hacker Zoomies... They look and sound sick. Thinking I won't be reminiscing about that uniquely timed motor of an HD. :wink

I've been getting into DIY.. I'm not extreme... Shaving the rear fender is about as extreme as I get... I change my oil... Try to do all the basic easy maintenance to skeem by that labor cost since I'm a broke college student... But uhhh... Yeah, hopefully I can come across some good need to know information so I don't F#*% things up to badly... CHEERS! thumb up

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Great choice and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Really, you won't go wrong with the High-Ball and you won't be stopping at the rear fender as far as DIY goes ;)

Welcome from CT

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to Victory , and the Forum !

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Hope you will buy a awesome Vic .... Hello from Batam Island

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS!!
You will never look back. I sold my last Harley in 1976 NEVER regretted it. Post up pics asap. No pics it didn't happen.
:grin:grin

·
12,968 Posts
AMF91

ride the bike for a while before you cut the fender up.
Happy Trails

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Chalk up another welcome from CT.
Lots of folks switching from HD...

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Thanks guys! I have my 16' Highball ordered. Hopefully it's in tomorrow!
Its way past tomorrow...and we don't have a pic yet :frown

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here she is... Sleeping in the garage... I'm a few "sips" in the wind and the garage is a little cramped so this will have to do for now... Fun ride bringing her home. (1hr ride from Omaha to Lincoln in 45F at 80mph) BRRrRrrRRRrrrrr!:wink Got her for $11750 :grin

Attachments

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Sweet! Need to clean out the garage make room for a sister bike.

👍 THOM 👍 sent from my portable brain toaster

1 - 15 of 15 Posts