Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Why does everyone try to protect me from myself?
Cause you a rebel without any sense like the rest of us :) At least that is the way most of the public thinks of bikers.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
483 Posts
Cause you a rebel without any sense like the rest of us :) At least that is the way most of the public thinks of bikers.

G'day,

Vinish
Yep, just your standard irresponsible biker trash!:grin

·
Registered
540 Posts
lol this is waaaaaay too easy to avoid. DON'T BUY A NEW BIKE! just keep the "old" Vic on the road. we know they aren't going to be retrofitting our bikes with any of that nonsense and besides do you really want/need a new bike :p

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
lol this is waaaaaay too easy to avoid. DON'T BUY A NEW BIKE! just keep the "old" Vic on the road. we know they aren't going to be retrofitting our bikes with any of that nonsense and besides do you really want/need a new bike :p
I'm doing the same with my 2007 car. I don't want that damn TV screen that cars now have in their dashboards and I do not need Internet connectivity or phone...it can wait. Besides, I have a cell phone and also a stand alone GPS. I'm too serious a driver to allow that kind of distraction in my car.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm doing the same with my 2007 car. I don't want that damn TV screen that cars now have in their dashboards and I do not need Internet connectivity or phone...it can wait. Besides, I have a cell phone and also a stand alone GPS. I'm too serious a driver to allow that kind of distraction in my car.
exactly... does it seem like they create solutions to create a problem just to create another solution? the prime example is the huge infotainment systems.... rented a chevy equinox and the screen on it was so damn distracting that i had to turn it off... which was a challenge in an of itself.
when we were car shopping over the summer, one of the sales guys actually seemed not only confused but also took it as a personal sleight that we didn't want the model with all the distractions and bells and whistles... kept trying to upsell it to my wife about how it would be easier to do this or that... we finally just walked away.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
What???? No jokes about what kind of calls from different bike riders??

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ygbsm

You gotta be sh!tting me......Stupid commie bustards ;-) I can see it now.....Hello, emergency? Yea, I'm stuck in the parts stor trying to figure out what kinda oil is best for my Victory.......Hello, emergency? Yea, My Harley broke down and then my pick-up truck broke down....and I'm stuck on the side if the road....and finally .Hello, emergency? Yea, my buddy told me I hadta change out the summer air in my tires before winter...can you send a tow truck cuz my air is outta season....No need to applaud, I'll be here all week. Remember to tip your waitresses......:pepper::pepper::pepper:

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Yeah when I took a 24 hr test ride on a HD Streetglide (to enter a comp.)
The salesman started running me through the radio and satnav ****.
Just turn it off I said its a motor cycle I dont need that crap.
The times they are a changin'

·
Premium Member
6,234 Posts
You gotta be sh!tting me......Stupid commie bustards ;-) I can see it now.....Hello, emergency? Yea, I'm stuck in the parts stor trying to figure out what kinda oil is best for my Victory.......Hello, emergency? Yea, My Harley broke down and then my pick-up truck broke down....and I'm stuck on the side if the road....and finally .Hello, emergency? Yea, my buddy told me I hadta change out the summer air in my tires before winter...can you send a tow truck cuz my air is outta season....No need to applaud, I'll be here all week. Remember to tip your waitresses......:pepper::pepper::pepper:
When I read your post I laughed

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
You know, when I saw the picture one of the first things I thought of is.... If i'm in deep enough DO DO to need the panic button I've probably exceeded the distance my fingers can reach the button. I figure I'd be layin in a ditch or across the road. If your going to put it on there, just connect it to a impact switch like an air bag.

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
My car has that but I don't use it and can't use it unless I am pulled over. Ford has it set up that it only has minimum function while it is in motion. You have to have the car completely stopped before it will allow you to make changes to the system. You can switch screens while driving but that is it. If you want to use the info center other than look at it, pull over. It even puts a huge, annoying warning about distracted driving. It comes in handy but some people just can't leave it alone!

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
You know, when I saw the picture one of the first things I thought of is.... If i'm in deep enough DO DO to need the panic button I've probably exceeded the distance my fingers can reach the button. I figure I'd be layin in a ditch or across the road. If your going to put it on there, just connect it to a impact switch like an air bag.
Why not install a dead man switch on the seat? If the rider leaves the seat for a certain amount of seconds and the bike is in motion, send a signal to activate.

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Registered
483 Posts
You must not be from New York or California! LOL
No sir!

Born and bred in Texas!

Strangely enough my wife is from Cali. How that works I have no idea.

Reactions: MaddogUSMC

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Registered
426 Posts
Why does everyone try to protect me from myself?
Don't have time to type that answer fully...lol.

ANY technology like this tends to piss me off. Tattlers are for Insurance companies to be able to reject coverage in cases of speed, evasive action, etc., and LEO's and lawyers can use them against you too eventually if a death occurs. Even if its your death.

I do NOT want the government to know where I am, or the insurance company. Hell, I leave for a week and don't tell the Old Lady where I'm headed. Just that I'll be back in a week. I just find a way to piss her off and make her glad to see me ride the hell away. Hee hee

I rarely obey the speed limit ( shhh...cop on the forum! ) lol. And many times exceed it by double if not more. last thing i want is Allstate to say is "That old bastard was flying around at 120 MPH and asked for it, we are not paying anything."

If they could keep it to an actual 'emergency response" system and leave it at that i could see it, but they never just leave sh!t alone.

Secondly, if it malfunctions..who pays the responder costs? An ambulance call, firetrucks, etc. l can easily cost 3-5K to show up. That isn't gonna be free.

A guy who lives not far from me had someone call a fire department because he was burning brush. Its a 75 dollar fine. However the firetruck cost him $1,500 to show up and tell him to put it out. Probably would have cost 2x that if they tossed a few bucket loads on it.

And a few squad cars that may find 'reasonable cause' to look in your bags or field test you just because it 'may' be operator error due to substances or booze.

No disrespect to coppers, they have policies they have to follow. But in Illinois these departments step dangerously on the line of civil rights to grab an extra dollar they can because the state is bankrupt.

I am an avid techie, but the first thing i would do is disable the damn thing somehow if it were forced on me.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Don't have time to type that answer fully...lol.

ANY technology like this tends to piss me off. Tattlers are for Insurance companies to be able to reject coverage in cases of speed, evasive action, etc., and LEO's and lawyers can use them against you too eventually if a death occurs. Even if its your death.

I do NOT want the government to know where I am, or the insurance company. Hell, I leave for a week and don't tell the Old Lady where I'm headed. Just that I'll be back in a week. I just find a way to piss her off and make her glad to see me ride the hell away. Hee hee

I rarely obey the speed limit ( shhh...cop on the forum! ) lol. And many times exceed it by double if not more. last thing i want is Allstate to say is "That old bastard was flying around at 120 MPH and asked for it, we are not paying anything."

If they could keep it to an actual 'emergency response" system and leave it at that i could see it, but they never just leave sh!t alone.

Secondly, if it malfunctions..who pays the responder costs? An ambulance call, firetrucks, etc. l can easily cost 3-5K to show up. That isn't gonna be free.

A guy who lives not far from me had someone call a fire department because he was burning brush. Its a 75 dollar fine. However the firetruck cost him $1,500 to show up and tell him to put it out. Probably would have cost 2x that if they tossed a few bucket loads on it.

And a few squad cars that may find 'reasonable cause' to look in your bags or field test you just because it 'may' be operator error due to substances or booze.

No disrespect to coppers, they have policies they have to follow. But in Illinois these departments step dangerously on the line of civil rights to grab an extra dollar they can because the state is bankrupt.

I am an avid techie, but the first thing i would do is disable the damn thing somehow if it were forced on me.
Things like Progressive's Snapshot? I wouldn't get a discount.....They'd charge me double! Lol!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts