Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

New to the forum, but have been browsing for quite some months. Great answers and response times!

2014 Vegas 8-Ball. Okay long story short. Ordered S&S intake, Thor 2 into 1, PCV. Haven't installed yet, but will do myself. Put the cart before the horse cause I see there is no map available for that combo. Looked into dyno, but Harley dealer will not do victory (I know ... crazy) and private shop has quoted 5 hrs at $600-$700. Local Vic dealer does not have dyno. Bike is not broken in yet (500k to go) so dyno is not an option right now ... and too expensive. Looking at Auto Tuner, but seems a bit overwhelming to get to the final map. And should I still dyno after Auto Tune to get best performance? Would be nice if someone had similar map that I could use/buy??? Okay, not so short :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ive got the stage 1 on my bike and im considering doing the same as you (minus the pipe) as I already have non stock ones and im pretty sure you don't need to remap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive got the stage 1 on my bike and im considering doing the same as you (minus the pipe) as I already have non stock ones and im pretty sure you don't need to remap
Hey Paul, appreciate the quick reply!

So are you saying that if I install the pipe and the intake, that I don't require a re-map on the PCV? I'm a bit confused because most of the answers on this forum indicate that a complete stage 1 upgrade increase airflow significantly to the engine and requires fuel/air adjustments to prevent the bike from running too lean.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Heavy Roller you most definitely will need a tune. Not only to prevent damage but you want that bike producing as much power as possible.

Ride it like you stole it... Or just stay home.

·
13,177 Posts
If you have a PCV there is no need for the Vic stage 1 down load

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Kreator customs in K-town should be able to tune your Victory... There are a lot of Vic's in the interior of BC someone has to be dyno tuning them.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
dobeck for sure

a simple + less costly dobeck AFR+ will give great results at minimal cost unless you have an oversized engine + need every last HP you can get, but expect to pay $$$$$

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kreator customs in K-town should be able to tune your Victory... There are a lot of Vic's in the interior of BC someone has to be dyno tuning them.

Yup, I spoke with them prior and they can do it, but at a hefty cost (they estimated 5 hr dyno time ???). What are your thoughts on adding the Auto Tune and skipping the dyno all together?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a simple + less costly dobeck AFR+ will give great results at minimal cost unless you have an oversized engine + need every last HP you can get, but expect to pay $$$$$
great looking product, I have never come across it before. Only thing is that I have already purchased the PCV.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Dobeck will not give you the performance the PCV will. Auto tune won't either. A good tune with S&S intake, exhaust, PCV should put you close to 100HP at the rear wheel. I got a deadly guy here in Calgary if your down this way ever HeavyRoller... The Auto tune could be a temporary fix till you can get Dyno'd it's seems like a lot of work though...

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Dobeck will not give you the performance the PCV will. Auto tune won't either. A good tune with S&S intake, exhaust, PCV should put you close to 100HP at the rear wheel. I got a deadly guy here in Calgary if your down this way ever HeavyRoller... The Auto tune could be a temporary fix till you can get Dyno'd it's seems like a lot of work though...

Yeah if I was you I'd fit the exhaust then complete the break in by doing a roadtrip to a comptent dyno operator, do the airbox and PCV. and dyno when you get there.
Your local dyno quote is over the top for sure.
Hows that for a plan?
P.S. I'd fit a timing wheel at same time as the exhaust is off too.
Wouldnt hurt to change the oil n filter before the trip,
How many miles on it now?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah if I was you I'd fit the exhaust then complete the break in by doing a roadtrip to a comptent dyno operator, do the airbox and PCV. and dyno when you get there.
Your local dyno quote is over the top for sure.
Hows that for a plan?
P.S. I'd fit a timing wheel at same time as the exhaust is off too.
Wouldnt hurt to change the oil n filter before the trip,
How many miles on it now?
Appreciate the advice! So your saying install pipes, break the bike in (250 miles on and 250 miles to go), then install S&S and PCV and then take for dyno test?

Might think about getting the timing wheel as well, will see if time permits.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Timing wheel is a must... Makes the bike pull harder down low.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Appreciate the advice! So your saying install pipes, break the bike in (250 miles on and 250 miles to go), then install S&S and PCV and then take for dyno test?

Might think about getting the timing wheel as well, will see if time permits.

Thanks!
takes a lot more than 500 miles to fully break in a Victory,
500 miles is first service, you'll find it frees up a lot more after that.
My reasoning in fitting pipes before riding a distance for your dyno is you don't want to be carrying them on your back, do you?
The bike will ride okay to the dyno with just the pipes fitted.
Might as well fit the timing wheel while you're at it , I had to loosen one exhaust to access a couple of allen bolts , that's why Id suggest doing them at same time.
As soon as you open up the intake you'll need the PCV and dyno cos she will run very lean then, so plan on getting PCV and tune as soon as you fit the S&S.
Once you have all that fitted you'll be getting a gradual increase in performance as the engine fully breaks in, so your bike will just get better and better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts